Awaiting December 21, 2012 With Strong Curiosity?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
Hi All

I just thought that I'd make this thread to get your opinions with respect to the Mayan Calender. Personally, I think it's all hoopla. The calender stops on December 21,2012. It stops. Galactic alignment or not, it just stops on that date. It doesn't mean the end of the world.

I'd be lying if I didn't find it interesting. The "Book Of Revelation" uses the numbers 7 and 12 often. Perhaps because of the Mayan calender stopping
on December(12th Month Of The Year) 21st day(Switch the numbers which results in the number 12) and finally, 2012.

People tend to associate it with Revelation, and from Revelation the end of the world. I don't believe there is any correlation between the 2.

Thoughts?

2231353.jpg

Nothing's going to happen.

It's just another thing for the masses to hype themselves up about.

Anyway, maybe the economy will pick up a bit when everyone goes apeshit buying survival gear.

the probability of the world ending on that date is probably not much different from the probability that it will end every day...

Some folks say... aliens will come to the earth that day... there are diferent theories.

I don't believe any of them, but I find it interesting that people think about the world ending so often.

I think is a way to become prepared, even tough they don't thake it seriusly in most cases.

What I do believe is that in 20-30 years more or less, civilization will begin to colapse. Subconciously, people are at some level aware of this so this stories about armageddon, end of the world, zombies... are a way of becoming prepared. The world is pretty f*cked up.

Felix said:
What I do believe is that in 20-30 years more or less, civilization will begin to colapse. Subconciously, people are at some level aware of this so this stories about armageddon, end of the world, zombies... are a way of becoming prepared. The world is pretty f*cked up.

It's interesting you say that.

The ancient Mayans themselves believed that there had been 5-6 distinct "end of world" events BEFORE their own time. Floods, Famines, great wars between the gods, etc etc.

Ancient peoples have always been talking about armageddon and the end of the world. Most religions are built around such beliefs... but it hasn't happened in the thousands of years that such legends have thrived.

I think it's HUMAN to fear the "end."

That doesn't mean that the end will actually come.

And don't kid yourself about civilization "ending." It won't happen.

The world will never end. Not unless we nuke the planet. Some people want an end so bad that they might. Those people should be rounded up and put on an island to torment each other and leave the rest of us alone.

People have been predicting the end since the beginning.

That doesn't mean that man won't create a nightmare of the earth, but it won't end. We need to take care of the planet, because no one is going to get magically whisked away.

Skorian said:
Those people should be rounded up and put on an island to torment each other and leave the rest of us alone.

That would be half the ppl that live then XD
Not to many ppl now days that give a fresia to what I can make out. Just as long as its fast.

Or maybe we already did get rounded and put on a planet all by ourselves that's why where here. Think pyramids?

Well going of topic for a moment I think there is a possibility that where not originally from Earth as a species we probably had to move here cos we blow the other one up.

LoneKiller said:
I'd be lying if I didn't find it interesting....

The world can only end so many times before it starts to get old.

Kudos for the cartoon, Naleena.

I wish something exciting would happen in the world anyway... a full scale invasion from Canis Major...the reemergence of Cretaceous sea creatures.... anything like that to break the monotony.

aah i just finished watching all 9 seasons of the X Files and apperently thats when the alien invasion is going to start.

but that could just be nonsense it being a tv show and all :p
or maybe the Mayan knew about the x files all along.

Latest posts

Back