Awkward or Uncomfortable or Comfortable Silence?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't really care about it either eay. Let them figure out if I'm silent because I have nothing to say or silent because I'm reflecting on how annoying the person I'm conversing with is. It'll keep 'em guessing ;-)

Richard_39 said:
I don't really care about it either eay. Let them figure out if I'm silent because I have nothing to say or silent because I'm reflecting on how annoying the person I'm conversing with is. It'll keep 'em guessing ;-)

Haha

MissBehave said:
If anybody moves, KILL 'EM
😏
tenor.gif

I don't have much of an issue with silence. It annoys me if it's on the phone because you called to talk, so what's with the **** silence? I usually fill it or make an excuse and say bye.

PandaSwag said:
[font=Verdana, Arial]So I'm not a great conversationalist and when it comes to hanging with people I don't know that well.  There is almost always moments of silence.  With that said how do you guys deal with it?  Is it Awkward?  Uncomfortable?  Or are you ok with it.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial]For me depending on who it is I'm conversing with I can feel any or all of those.  But since I've gotten older I'm more comfortable with it.  But then in my mind I'm wondering if they're uncomfortable with it.[/font]

I used to find these silences awkward... and the more I think about the and focus in on the silence, the more awkward it gets. I've kinda learned to ... get comfortable with the silence over the years. I just actively tell myself, silence is okay multiple times and then focus on other things or other topics or questions I could bring up.

It's a lot of talking to myself in my head... and when I can't think of something, I just let it be. I mean, I tell myself there is nothing wrong with it.

I'm fine witth comfortable silences. My family know they can talk to me any time. We're cool together.

i'm too tired too old to feel that way, i still get this situation though so i just sit there and smile or don't if they ask me to talk i talked until they got tired of and wish me to shut up.

Latest posts

Back