been around awhile, ready to introduce myself

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shizzlyn

Reaction score
Hi everybody, :)
although i am not really new to the site i haven't formally introduced myself yet. I'm Lonewolf's girlfriend, I live in the US, Boston Massachusetts. He's told me so much about this site and how nice everyone is here. I've been reading his posts and then i started reading other threads. There were times i wanted to give advice or just tell someone I know how they felt, but I hesitated because nobody knew me. But I was telling Lonewolf that I would like to change that. :shy:: I suffered with depression years ago and for the most part now I feel good about myself but every now and again I have little setbacks. When he and I met I was about to give up on love altogether. My job was stressful, and no matter how much I talked to people about what was going on I don't think they really understood how I felt.
I'm starting to feel a little down missing him and trying to deal with problems at work. I have friends but they are either busy with their spouses and kids and it is so difficult being the only single person with married friends or people who are in relationships. Often times even when I am invited somewhere I don't go because I don't want to be the only one without a date. This is my first long distance relationship( he in UK, me in US, :() So in a way I am still lonely. The time zone difference is the worst. By the time I get home from work he is already getting ready for bed, and then by the time I wake up in the morning he is at work. We barely have time. I wish I could afford another trip to the UK. That was my first time leaving the US.
I loved England when I visited this past October. I wished i could have seen more but i only had about 13 days. I needed at least another month to see all of it probably,lol. Its a beautiful country. But I am running on, I can be a little longwinded, forgive me. I just wanted to say hi and I am looking forward to chatting with you all. To those of you who wished Lonewolf and I well, thank you for your kind words.

Welcome Shizzlyn! :)
I hope you will enjoy the forum, and if you want to talk to someone who
has over 5 years experience with long distance relationships,
I know very very very well what it's like, both good and bad.

Because I am in a long distance relationship too I also find it difficult being the only person without a partner at a party, holiday (Xmas is worst) or family get-together. Everyone has their partner to talk to and laugh with, and I just feel either invisible or like the fifth wheel.. And I miss my boyfriend like crazy..

I'm very happy for you and lonewolf though, and I wish you two all the best!!
My boyfriend lives in the UK as well, I live in Norway.
Closer than you and lonewolf, but still hard.

*HUGS*

Welcome Shizzlyn

Thanks, everyone, for the welcomes. I'm sure i'm going to like it here. And Oceanmist23, over 5 years, wow. I will definately be contacting you. Everyone feel free to pm me anytime, I love to talk as you can see by my long introduction(lol).

Latest posts

Back