Being the other man...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Callie said:
My name is Bob. said:
There are 2 golden rules you must adhere to when having an affair with a married woman.

1) make sure her husband is not bigger than you, and is not a black belt in origami.

2) Don't get caught.

Stick to these 2 simple rules, and all will be A OK :)

That's the stupidest piece of advice I have ever heard. Why people condone cheating is seriously beyond me.

Time a gazillion.

Cheaters are selfish ******* ********. PERIOD.

Home-wreckers are DESPICABLE, selfish ******* ********.

tangerinedream said:
Time a gazillion.

As someone who has wrecked a few relationships, I offer this in my defense:

If it wasn't for me, it would have been some other guy. The girl's cheating is a symptom of a dysfunctional relationship, not the cause of its dysfunction.

IgnoredOne said:
The girl's cheating is a symptom of a dysfunctional relationship, not the cause of its dysfunction.

and you joining her in it, is a symptom of a dysfunctional society, congratulations for taking proactive steps to move us one step closer to that final flush, since we are certainly circling the drain.

blackhole said:
and you joining her in it, is a symptom of a dysfunctional society, congratulations for taking proactive steps to move us one step closer to that final flush, since we are certainly circling the drain.

We all serve our purpose in the Great Toilet.

<3

IgnoredOne said:
tangerinedream said:
Time a gazillion.

As someone who has wrecked a few relationships, I offer this in my defense:

If it wasn't for me, it would have been some other guy. The girl's cheating is a symptom of a dysfunctional relationship, not the cause of its dysfunction.

Why would you wreck relationships? I hope people with significant others stay far away from you. Just saying.

VanillaCreme said:
Why would you wreck relationships? I hope people with significant others stay far away from you. Just saying.

I've never done it to families with children, or married individuals.

But pray tell me why exactly should I give that much heed to the fact that a girl already has a boyfriend, or even an established one? If I don't care for him, he's just more competition in the way of who I want.

If I am to respect what every other guy wanted, I might as well not even try for girls who have more than one suitor. And well, that's not me. I have honor and dignity, but God save you if you get in my way.

IgnoredOne said:
VanillaCreme said:

I've never done it to families with children, or married individuals.

But pray tell me why exactly should I give that much heed to the fact that a girl already has a boyfriend, or even an established one? If I don't care for him, he's just more competition in the way of who I want.

If I am to respect what every other guy wanted, I might as well not even try for girls who have more than one suitor. And well, that's not me. I have honor and dignity, but God save you if you get in my way.

Wow. You don't care for anyone but yourself, do you? That's an extremely selfish thing to say. It's going to come back and bite you one day. A guy won't care that your girlfriend has you, and will try something with her. But oh, it will be wrong then, wouldn't it? And honestly, if you can't get someone who's single, that's rather pathetic you have to chase after other people's partner.

VanillaCreme said:
Wow. You don't care for anyone but yourself, do you? That's an extremely selfish thing to say. It's going to come back and bite you one day. A guy won't care that your girlfriend has you, and will try something with her. But oh, it will be wrong then, wouldn't it? And honestly, if you can't get someone who's single, that's rather pathetic you have to chase after other people's partner.

If I can't keep my girl loyal to me, that's my own fault. Clearly she wasn't happy enough with me, so I wouldn't want to keep her from someone who evidently she thinks she'll be happy with. Besides, any guy who has done that has also passed the test of 'gotten in my way.' God have mercy on him, for I shall have none.

I can 'get' people who are single, and I don't particularly chase after attached women, but if I'm interested, neither do I stop myself. If you think that's selfish...geez...so, if another guy happened to be into the same girl as I was, should I give up on my intended girl so that he can have her?

Okay, even if it's not selfish, you should have enough common sense to say to yourself, "Oh, she has someone. Let me back off." Because you wouldn't appreciate if someone did that to you. There really is no argument in someone who thinks the way you do, so I won't bother. It's time for me to get some breakfast while I can anyway.

VanillaCreme said:
Okay, even if it's not selfish, you should have enough common sense to say to yourself, "Oh, she has someone. Let me back off." Because you wouldn't appreciate if someone did that to you. There really is no argument in someone who thinks the way you do, so I won't bother. It's time for me to get some breakfast while I can anyway.

This is the exact nature of my thought process when I realized that L had someone:

"He's a weak fool who wasn't there when she needed someone - someone who went to play WoW while her mother passed away and left her alone to grieve. I'm better than him. She should be with me."

Why should I back off and let her be with someone who can't be there for her? Yes, our thought processes /are/ different there.

Because it's not your relationship, and maybe if you went and found your own to be in, you'd see that.

VanillaCreme said:
Because it's not your relationship, and maybe if you went and found your own to be in, you'd see that.

You mean, it wasn't my relationship. Soon afterward, it was.

Vae Victus.

I accept it in both triumph and defeat.

Right, and you don't care about the girl; You just care about getting her. You just cared about getting your own. You weren't worried about the trouble in her existing relationship. You just wanted to know you could get her. Someone minding their own business is probably the best thing that can be learned.

IgnoredOne said:

Vae Victus.

"If she'll cheat on him, she'll cheat on you."

I've found this little adage to be quite true when dealing with other men's women. That's why I don't.

Badjedidude said:
IgnoredOne said:

Vae Victus.

"If she'll cheat on him, she'll cheat on you."

I've found this little adage to be quite true when dealing with other men's women. That's why I don't.

It's a shame I'm married... sigh

^^^^Married BUT SEPARATED. Surely there's an exclusion clause in there somewhere... lol

So get UN-married. ;)

Badjedidude said:
^^^^Married BUT SEPARATED. Surely there's an exclusion clause in there somewhere... lol

So get UN-married. ;)

Yeah yeah, I'm working on it.

Latest posts

Back