Between the lines

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brody

Reaction score
A few months ago I got dumpe by my ex girlfriend. We where in long distance relationship. So, if wanted I couldn't follow up. One of the bigest problems- she had just too many male friends. Which sometimes drove me crazy. The day before she pulled the plug, she stated that she needed time to think things throught. That was the second scariest night of my life yet. All those thoughts and stuff. I called her once but dropped. Right after I received a text, but I just shaked her off with "Everyhing is OK".
The very next day she dropped me. But you know, "I want us to be friends. Because you don't have any. And you're very special to me" Her words.
While ago she told me, what she was actually doing while I was shaking in fear, and...yes cried. She ws hanging out with her male-friend/ex boyfriend. Watching movies. I was pissed off. Not braking things or so, but really hurt. Got that feeling that I can't trust to a woman anymore. I told her how I felt. Seemed that she got the lesson. And yet she still were shouting: I want you in my life. You're important to me. Kinda funny, she stopped contacting with me. "Ok...if that's she want, let you have it"- I said. After sometime she wrote me....just some small talk, like how are you and stuff, but then it got weirder. She told that she felt me. How I feel. That I don't do so well these days. She claims, that she will be always there for me and stuff.
One of my theories is that she writes me only when she got bored with other friends. And then she remembers....yeah, that poor guy.

My question is: what do you see here? Her intensions?

Run. Cut all contact with her. If your side of the story is right, then yes, it seems she's contacting you only when she gets bored.
A long distance relationship is sometimes hard, you dont know what the other person wants or feels, words are just that, words. And a woman with many male friends doesnt have to mean she's cheating or anything, they can just be friends, but if it annoyed you then you had your reasons.
I'll go as far as to say that she contacts you just to see if you're still there, if you still got feelings for her, just to get that validation. She reminds me of my last ex, not sure of what she wants, in one hand she thinks she likes and care about you but in the other she subconsciously just needs the validation of being important to someone

If it hurts you not having her, and if you want to move on, you're gonna have to lock her out unless you can somehow see her 10000000% as a friend and not as an ex that left you, otherwise any feelings you got will stay there

Her actions are passive aggressive, she either leads you on or seems to be enjoying the power she has over your emotions, so she often returns to mess you up more. Like Erevetot said, run for the hills and never look back, she's not worth it.

On another note, I had the exact same thing happen to me with a long-distance relationship (only I had a friend who lived near her and verified that she indeed cheated on me). Never got long-distance again.

Erevetot said:
Run. Cut all contact with her. If your side of the story is right, then yes, it seems she's contacting you only when she gets bored.
A long distance relationship is sometimes hard, you dont know what the other person wants or feels, words are just that, words. And a woman with many male friends doesnt have to mean she's cheating or anything, they can just be friends, but if it annoyed you then you had your reasons.
I'll go as far as to say that she contacts you just to see if you're still there, if you still got feelings for her, just to get that validation. She reminds me of my last ex, not sure of what she wants, in one hand she thinks she likes and care about you but in the other she subconsciously just needs the validation of being important to someone

If it hurts you not having her, and if you want to move on, you're gonna have to lock her out unless you can somehow see her 10000000% as a friend and not as an ex that left you, otherwise any feelings you got will stay there

We lived together for 2 months in my place. But she had to return back home for school, right after it-sh... storm started. I asked to move in. Rejection. I Didn't even ask "Why?" So...rest you already know.
I'm not saying that male friends is bad. But texting with them while I'm sleeping next to her is kinda no-no.

But yeah....your advice got me thinking. Thanks :)

Look dude am girl but I don't want my guy to be dominated but when it comes to making decisions i would very much appreciate it if he considers my word too.. Anyways regarding you problem, I don't really know what her intentions are.. maybe it is just the way she is.. She might have contacts with lots of guys but maybe u r the only guy in her heart OR maybe she just looks down upon u.. I really don't wanna judge your ex or whatever.. U r the person who knows her most so you definitely know what she is upto.. make your decision.. think bout what you gain + what you lose if you continue your relationship..If there are lots of things that u think u r gonna lose and if you feel that ur relationship will never make you feel any better then cut all contacts and let her go.. There are many great girls out there you dont have to worry but the decision is in ur hands..

Latest posts

Back