Biggest Case Of Bullying Ever!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

betrayedforlife

Reaction score
I am new here as of the last few days.
I came to see IF people really care about each other because I believe that the majority of humans are self absorbed,selfish and untrustworthy.

I was raised in England up until 7 and don't recall much bullying. I came to Canada as my parents dragged me here and I didn't want any part of it.I remember hanging onto my grandmother crying ,saying 'don't let them take me".
From the moment I got here I was bullied,physically,mentally and emotionally. I regret coming here to this day as I've been unlucky in everything Ive done,relationships,friendships,in music,in work,in society. I am truly a kind person but no-one wants to know .

I was very small,skinny and innocent. I dressed slightly different like we did in England ,had a strong accent and high pitched voice. Me and my little brother got picked on non stop always being called '******* Limey bastards' everywhere we went. In the school play I had to hold up a letter 'H' and say 'H -is for humming bird".The entire audience laughed at me and that was just the start. I remember having the runs I was so nervous and often bullies would kick open the stall door and laugh at me as I grimaced in pain.

We got beat up in school,beat up outside our apartment,beat up down the street.I have never caused a fight in my life and have always helped less fortunate people from all walks of life.It made no difference. We were hated.

One day my brother was being threatened by a girl,she hit him and I pulled her off him.The next thing I know is her huge fat mother (who resembled a man) shouted to all the kids nearby to chase me and she'd give them a $100 reward if I was caught. I ran one way while my brother ran the other. I hid in the underground parking under cars,as kids rushed by and searched for me,talking about how they'd punch the honeysuckle out of me. I was petrified and hid in various places for 4 hours while this continued.I finally managed to get to our apartment and tell my parents.They did not believe a word,even though I was shaking and crying. So yes my entire neighbourhood turned on me.

That was nothing.A few months later my little brother was being hit again by some Australian kid,I pulled him off and hit him,we fought and I won,it was over quickly. The next day we came to school with heavy winter coats, skates,lunchbox and books. Well this Aussie who openly hated Brits waited for our parents to drive away after dropping us off. Once we got 300 feet down the side of the school,he and his gang beat the hell out of us,kicking us both to the ground.I just covered my head and held on. We did get to class all bashed up and the teacher thought nothing of it. I sat their unable to concentrate worried for our safety.
Later at play time(recess) this same Aussie kid managed to turn all but 4 of my classmates against my brother and I and we got chased,spat on and beaten by boys and girls .This time we stayed in the headmaster's office,My parents we called and they didn't take us seriously. Not only did the entire school turn on us,the teacher not caring too much,my own parents didn't seem to care.
aA few years alter we returned to England an again my brother got into it with a girl ,I intervened and she turned on me and the next thing i know all 12 of her friends on bikes were chasing me through our neighbourhood. What is is with me and gangs?

I remember being 15 and coming home from my girlfriend's home 5 minutes away and it was raining like hell so hard you could barely see, I hear this odd sound looked behind me and could not believe a gang of about 10 guys heading at me with baseball bats and pieces of wood.I ran for my life in broad rainy daylight and just made it home.
A few years later the same thing happened only this gang was larger and chased my brother and our friend,as we jumped over fences of close by homes ,with the gang doing the same. Thankfully a kind person let us in and I found it was a guy from school and we were safe.

Is it me?

I don't think it is you.

I do think that I dislike your categorising of other nationalities the way that you have. It comes across very badly.

Bullies are bullies the world over, and will find any 'excuse' to pick on someone. Your being British is just that .. An excuse. I live in France. Some people hate foreign people, especially English speakers. Many more don't.

I just shrug it off, mostly.

jaguarundi said:
I don't think it is you.

I do think that I dislike your categorising of other nationalities the way that you have. It comes across very badly.

Bullies are bullies the world over, and will find any 'excuse' to pick on someone. Your being British is just that .. An excuse. I live in France. Some people hate foreign people, especially English speakers. Many more don't.

How was I categorizing other nationalities? I was mentioning the reason we were hated,they were very open about their hatred of me and my nationality. Can't a person tell their story without worrying in case someone else is offended?
I experienced an enormous amount of racism thats my story.

betrayedforlife said:
jaguarundi said:
I don't think it is you.

How was I categorizing other nationalities? I was mentioning the reason we were hated,they were very open bout their hatred of me and my nationality. Can't a person tell their story without worrying in case someone else is offended?

You came up with some quite judgementall comments about Canadians in another thread. I still think comments like this don't come over very well.

I am sorry that you experienced bullying, but I repeat, I doubt your nationality was more than an excuse. You say you experienced racism, this may be true but I would generally say that only applies if you are a different race, eg not white, but Asian, black, Jewish....?

I was born and raised here and I was bullied, teased, humiliated, threatened with physical violence, pushed around, even hung upside down in a stairwell in high school. Bullies are bullies and they exist no matter where you go. Not wanting to be in a country wouldn't help either, that would be obvious to anyone, especially if that was your attitude being here then people aren't going to want to be around someone like that. When I was in high school there was a kid who moved here from England, he made friends quickly and was actually very popular. He was a very nice polite kid who never said a bad thing about anyone and to my knowledge no one bullied him. Everyone wanted to be his friend, so goes to show that attitude and the way you present yourself has something to do with how you blend in and get along with others.

That being said it was a shame you were bullied and that was your experience with a very small percent of the total countries population.

jaguarundi said:
betrayedforlife said:
jaguarundi said:
I don't think it is you.

How was I categorizing other nationalities? I was mentioning the reason we were hated,they were very open bout their hatred of me and my nationality. Can't a person tell their story without worrying in case someone else is offended?

You came up with some quite judgementall comments about Canadians in another thread. I still think comments like this don't come over very well.

I am sorry that you experienced bullying, but I repeat, I doubt your nationality was more than an excuse. You say you experienced racism, this may be true but I would generally say that only applies if you are a different race, eg not white, but Asian, black, Jewish....?

I appreciate you being sorry thats nice thanks. However anybody from any country can experience racism and I am not exaggerating one bit.Few believe me and I hope it stops,no wonder I am somewhat angry,it's not like CDN's welcomed me with open arms.I can,t explain why it happens.

Sorry but no. Racism is directed at people because of their race. What you experienced was, ostensibly, because of your nationality. Also racism is about a great deal more than bullying.

My question is, when you were at school, where the hell were the adults!?!? They aren't suppose to let that happen...

jaguarundi said:
Sorry but no. Racism is directed at people because of their race. What you experienced was, ostensibly, because of your nationality. Also racism is about a great deal more than bullying.

So in effect you cannot see a reason for their hostility? It;s not all about skin colour. Bullying and racism are often one and the same thing,they are inter-related as both are traumatic for the person experiencing either.
I experienced both trust me on that!

betrayedforlife said:
jaguarundi said:

So in effect you cannot see a reason for their hostility? It;s not all about skin colour. Bullying and racism are often one and the same thing,they are inter-related as both are traumatic for the person experiencing either.

Hmm, you do seem to like causing controversy, BfL!

Bulling and racism are not one and the same thing. Racism IS about race .. the word 'race' is in there for a reason. Because its about race and/or ethnicity...

I never said you were not traumatised by what happened, and i certainly would never do so.

Was there a reason for their hostility? I repeat, bullies don't really need to have a reason, they just use whatever is at hand as an excuse. Generally, being different is the excuse. Smaller, clever, foreign.. Fatter, thinner ...Whatever.

But carrying your anger around with you and labelling the majority of Canadian people you meet as horrible people is not only insulting to them, it must be very tiring to you as well.

And in insulting a whole nation of people have you not become the very thing you hate?

jaguarundi said:
betrayedforlife said:
jaguarundi said:

Bulling and racism are not one and the same thing. Racism IS about race .. the word 'race' is in there for a reason. Because its about race and/or ethnicity...

I never said you were not traumatised by what happened, and i certainly would never do so.

Was there a reason for their hostility? I repeat, bullies don't really need to have a reason, they just use whatever is at hand as an excuse. Generally, being different is the excuse. Smaller, clever, foreign.. Fatter, thinner ...Whatever.

But carrying your anger around with you and labelling the majority of Canadian people you meet as horrible people is not only insulting to them, it must be very tiring to you as well.

And in insulting a whole nation of people have you not become the very thing you hate?
Oh you lot on here are SO quick to judge! First off I do not need to be educated about racism,I have seen it directed at others in many workplaces.I certainly do know the definition of both words,do you think I was born yesterday? I'm sure you meant well.

I am sick of explaining that I never said ALL CDNS' and many here should get off their high horse because I've seen some very nasty things as above far too frequently to ignore or deny. Those who know me understand me more than you lot on here ever will.I may have made a mistake by writing about I what I have been through on here as you because I am being condemned. I am supposed to thank those who harmed me?

The majority who have replies are all of one mind and loving this ganging up thing,except for one kind person who seemed to get where I was coming from.

racism
rac·ism
[rey-siz-uhm]
noun
a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.
Origin:
1865–70; < French racisme.

TheRealCallie said:
racism
rac·ism
[rey-siz-uhm]
noun
a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
Origin:

Hey Potty Mouth I bet you're really proud of yourself and the dictionary sitting conveniently beside you,aren't you clever?
ROFL

betrayedforlife said:
TheRealCallie said:
racism
rac·ism
[rey-siz-uhm]
noun
Origin:

Hey Potty Mouth I bet you're really proud of yourself and the dictionary sitting conveniently beside you,aren't you clever?
ROFL

*Sigh* and you started a thread about bullying...

betrayedforlife said:
jaguarundi said:
betrayedforlife said:
jaguarundi said:

Oh you lot on here are SO quick to judge! First off I do not need to be educated about racism,I have seen it directed at others in many workplaces.I certainly do know the definition of both words,do you think I was born yesterday? I'm sure you meant well.

I am sick of explaining that I never said ALL CDNS' and many here should get off their high horse because I've seen some very nasty things as above far too frequently to ignore or deny. Those who know me understand me more than you lot on here ever will.I may have made a mistake by writing about I what I have been through on here as you because I am being condemned. I am supposed to thank those who harmed me?

The majority who have replies are all of one mind and loving this ganging up thing,except for one kind person who seemed to get where I was coming from.

I am thinking that you are determined to get into an argument, and if at all possible, get yourself banned. This will confirm to you that you are judged, disliked and generally misunderstood. And condemned, let's not forget that one.

I haven't condemned you, nor ganged up against you, but knowing (as I do) a person who had a whole branch of family sent to the gas chambers by racists, I do not think I can let your comments that bullying and racism are the same pass.

Also - the chip you are carrying must be very, very heavy. can't you just put it down for a bit and have a rest? There are some lovely people on ALL, there really are, but you are alienating a lot of them by your attitude.

Go on, have a unicorn and a rainbow on me. With a cherub on the side, if you like....:)

betrayedforlife said:

No one is ganging up on you. Some of us just wanted to help, but your attitude shuns everyone who has a different opinion and you only accept those who agrees with you. Believe me, some of us understand.

I know that one kind person you're talking about is Rosebolt. If you want, talk to her or him personally. Clear your head of the notion that people are judging or condemning you, as nothing we say is getting through to you.

Unless you can accept these things, don't talk to us, as it's going to make things worse.

Surcruxum said:
betrayedforlife said:

No one is ganging up on you. Some of us just wanted to help, but your attitude shuns everyone who has a different opinion and you only accept those who agrees with you. Believe me, some of us understand.

I know that one kind person you're talking about is Rosebolt. If you want, talk to her or him personally. Clear your head of the notion that people are judging or condemning you, as nothing we say is getting through to you.

Unless you can accept these things, don't talk to us, as it's going to make things worse.

Yea, there are several kind people that have commented in your threads and asked questions, but you are ignoring those people and fighting with others.

betrayedforlife said:
ROFL

Had I seen this post previously, Id have banned you instead of warning you on the other one. Good bye and enjoy your vacation. If you bother coming back, please keep YOUR mouth in check. Have a nice day! :)

**sigh** guess I will have to drink that last unicorn myself **hic** then **HIC**.

Salut ;)

Latest posts

Back