Biochemistry anyone?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaveMe

Reaction score
Ok so we all know what happens with diet coke and mentos right?
Well my question is this, if you were to down a few mentos by chugging diet coke, what would happen? Would the acids and chemicals in your stomach affect the chemical reaction in any way? Would there be a reaction? What would happen and why?

Also note; for your safety DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DO THIS, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES OR DEATHS.

Five of your local currency to the first one on here to try it.

Well, the reason Mentos and Coke do the explosion isn't about chemical interactions. It's the texture of Mentos, how fast they sink, and the sugar in the soda. Even if you drink a ton of soda and swallow Mentos whole, it wouldn't work.

Basically, the texture of a Mento's surface disrupts the water molecules and allows bubbles to grow as it plummets down into the Coke bottle. If you test the acidity before and after, it doesn't change. You can use caffeinated or non and have the same result. You can also use sugary or diet. However, if you use flat Coke or crushed up Mentos, it won't work the same way.

Ah, in the same way that champagne bubbles rise from dirt in the glass. That makes a great deal of sense. Condensation nuclei, or something, I think it's called. Nerdy Girl, you make my world make sense.

Oh, golly. Why would you put dirt in your champagne? You're a dirty dirty man. If only I could make my own world make sense.

Latest posts

Back