Body language

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
EveWasFramed said:
Nightwing said:
...but unfortunately it's not got any real practical uses.

That's your OPINION.
From my personal EXPERIENCE (and I've been around for quite a number of years) the information is fairly accurate and probably useful for a lot of people. It does have practical use. People shouldn't scoff at something just because they think someone is using practical information for profit.

If you don't mind, Eve, I would like to expand on that. Nightwing, from what I have gathered.. the 'journalist' you spoke of was reporting regarding a fact, a rule, a law. What the study mentioned in the OP used was most likely observation. Of course, this kind of thing does not have a rule. Everyone is different, but there are behaviors that are more common and therefore quite reliable. You can't claim observations as laws though, they are just very good guidelines. But just because it's only 90% accurate doesn't mean it's all wrong.

Let me give an example of getting punched in the face, for no reason or warning. What are the common reactions? Fight back in anger, fight back for justice, frozen in surprise, cower in fear, or probably the rarest - laugh and walk away. Now if there was a study on that, you can study on why the person wanted to punch you in the first place, or you can study on the reactions. But it's all observation. Human beings are not 100% predictable. You can be almost predictable, but not 100%. So in these cases.. it IS safe to say it's wrong, but not all of it.

So.. the whole Body language.. Yes, it's wrong. 10% of it? but it's still ~90% accurate.
Oh, and people can act. some better than others. So take it with a grain of salt.

Human beings.... /smh

Evey, I was just teasing. (d) Dun be angry at meh.

P.S. I wasn't trying to be negative, Eveeeee. :(

Drama said:
Sci-Fi said:
And Drama, just cause you are not going to get what you want don't come around trying to be ignorant towards me.

Don't be childish and unprofessional by throwing THAT at me in the main forum. if I wanted to make a fuss about it, i'd have created a thread LOL
But since we are at this at least you could have answered by saying NO instead of ignoring it. yea yea you have your life and you are busy etc but if you're not up to the challenge, quit.
I am not being hostile. you've been acting like this for a while, so someone has to point it out.... again

on another note:
Me: If you didn't want to have a comment like "LOL" thrown at your face, don't write posts like that.
Scifi: omg you're the one being childish. You seek another ban? Carefuuuuuuuuull!! I am a power-hungry mod who just seeks to ban anyone who disagrees with me or actually speaks their mind (because that's what painter was doing). honestly, calm down.
Since your response to anyone who challenges you is a to ban them, i am ready for the sacrifice. *hands scifi a knife*
mwahahahahahahahahahaah

Wow this is so extremely funny I'm in pain laughing. Of course I ignored your PM, when someone sends me a ridiculous message about killing kittens over something they've already been told no to, it certainly doesn't warrant my time in replying. And plus you lying about what you were told too.

Challenge me I ban people? Prove it. Oh sorry you can't. I didn't ban Painter when he challenged me, I apologized for my error. I don't believe him and have my reasons to which are none of your business. Power hungry? Ha, yeah right. If I was so power hungry I would have banned you with your LOL remark since I know why you did it. We give some more chances then many deserve.

Sorry but you are the childish one here, you were the one making a childish remark towards me when you could have just done nothing. YOU had no need to make the remark you have except for the fact you can't have your own way, that is childish.

*sigh*

Man I hate to close this thread. It could have proven useful.

Badjedidude said:
Evey, I was just teasing. (d) Dun be angry at meh.

P.S. I wasn't trying to be negative, Eveeeee. :(

Lol, I took your post as humor, Stever :p Yours and one other.
There were also some perfectly fine replies that contributed as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back