Borderline Personality Disorder

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

holsten1

Just wondering if there's anyone on here that has this I could ask a few things/talk to about it? I've been doing a lot of thinking/reading about this, and I'm pretty certain I do have it, but in the past I've been convinced I've had certain mental illnesses or disorders that I don't have. Anyway it'd be really helpful to talk with someone that has it because some quite weird honeysuckle is going on and I'm struggling to make sense of it. I'm not sure if it's some kind of episode or breakdown or what. I'd rather pm someone because a lot of it is stuff I'm not entirely comfortable just talking about publicly.

holsten1 said:
Just wondering if there's anyone on here that has this I could ask a few things/talk to about it? I've been doing a lot of thinking/reading about this, and I'm pretty certain I do have it, but in the past I've been convinced I've had certain mental illnesses or disorders that I don't have. Anyway it'd be really helpful to talk with someone that has it because some quite weird honeysuckle is going on and I'm struggling to make sense of it. I'm not sure if it's some kind of episode or breakdown or what. I'd rather pm someone because a lot of it is stuff I'm not entirely comfortable just talking about publicly.

Here I am.... ask away! (:)

The Symptoms of Borderline Personality Disorder, Bipolar Disorder and Generalized Anxiety Disorder are often interchangeable. Also a co-morbid condition such as Depression + ADD or Depression + Social Anxiety can mimic these things. Its very hard to define oneself as one thing.

Imagine you are a large ball and the disorders mentioned above are all Small , narrow and shallow square holes. It is not helpful to force yourself into those boxes.

I believe a better approach is to look at the symptoms individually and try to tackle them, one at a time if needs be in order of most severe. For example if you have depression, insomnia and social anxiety but you do not work or have many important things to do in the daytime then it would be best to try to tackle the depression first would it not? However if you are a mother of young children who you have to get to school on time then it would be better to tackle the insomnia first?

I also believe if you have more than one symptoms they might be being influenced by more than one thing. The medical profession wants to put you in a box, give you a label then hand you a pill (which is likely harmful in the long run).

Try listing your symptoms then arranging them in order of severity in the middle of a separate piece of paper then have an arrow going up and an arrow going down from the symptom, in the top space write down any ideas for what you believe might be causing the symptom. Once you have done this take reflect on that for a while then think about how you might try to tackle this symptom and write that in the empty space below.

Repeat this for each of your symptoms and you will begin to get an overall understanding of how you feel and behave and you will build up a picture of what you might do to change things.

Give it a go - see how you feel, let us know if you discover anything.

cumulus.james,

I have a host of diagnoses of mental illness, but I never let anyone (AND I AM NOT IMPLYING YOU DO OR ARE) confuse that with the fact that I am very intelligent. The advice you are giving is very difficult to follow. I think that someone that has symptoms of any or all of these disorders should be seeking professional help, not trying to figure out on paper with arrows what you, yourself, think your diagnoses are.

And, I do agree that long term psychotropic medications can be harmful, but I prefer to take them and be stable then to be anything like I used to be without them.

I am curious, are you copying this from a book? Do you have training in the field of mental health? You seem to know a lot, but be against what the medical field can do to help an individual with these symptoms/problems.

If you would like to PM me instead of answer me here, I will welcome that. I have plenty of reasons why I feel the way I do.

I know most don't believe in this, but I can personally testify on the power of hypnosis and hypnotic suggestions. Psychotherapy has been known to rely on this methodology of symptomatic fears and anxiety issues for many decades now. If you speak with a psychiatrist, ask about hypnosis; be open minded on the subject. I cannot guarantee that such a treatment method is the key to helping you in your own situation, but it may be a safer and possibly more beneficial alternative to modern psychotropics and brain chemistry altering medicines.

Latest posts

Back