Boyfriend told me to go and kill myself

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^Well...

...just don't be surprised if it DOES happen again. Sure, hope that it doesn't, and do your best to avoid it... but often guys have patterns of behavior that they follow, and this may be a part of his pattern.

I'm not trying to say anything bad about him, I'm just letting ya know. *hugs*

I hope things do work out! And I'm glad you were able to communicate with him about it. :)

SullenGirl said:
Well, here's an update:

We are actually still together, and he apologized. We talked to one another about the argument, and why he said some of the things he said. He told me that he wasn't sure in that moment whether or not he even wanted anything to do with me and so he said anything just to get me to leave, but that he didn't really mean it. I can forgive him, and I have, but I will never forget that.

Mixed feelings much????

Thanks you guys so much for responding and caring about my little update lol.

Personally i dont understand why anyone would want to be with someone who told you to go kill yourself. That is just not in my nature whatsoever and if i had a gf who said that to me then she would not be my gf anymore. lol

nerdygirl said:
Eh... He said some really messed up crap. But my understanding is... he said this after telling you that he was really angry and you needed to leave?

Look, I understand your desire to fix things immediately and move on with life. However... if somebody is saying he or she is so freaking angry, and needs to be alone... you should LEAVE. Thank goodness all he did was SAY something awful. What if he'd DONE something awful?

Most of us can recognize it when we get close to that point of, "If this doesn't stop now, I'm going to flip." You know when you're so stressed out that you're probably going to self mutilate. You know when you're so sad that you might get stuck in a dark depression. I have a condition that prevents me from feeling a lot, but I know when I'm so angry that I need to be alone until I cool off. If I tell you to get the heck away from me, I mean it. To me, the refusal to leave is extremely disrespectful and potentially dangerous for everybody involved.

Also. Telling somebody he has a small penis doesn't always help. Some guys even get off on that. Just sayin'.

yeah, as a guy with anger issues, I keep it very controlled. however with my ex, when I warned her to leave me alone and I walked *nearly ran away* she followed me with tears, and I just couldn't take it...

I ended up throwing a brick through a cop car and getting arrested *thank god she ran away after I threw it*

if not, I don't know wha tI wouldn've done, and how much it would've hurt me for having done something else.

ive experienced similar to what had happened to you guys. its just that sometimes guys are high blooded. like they cant control their emotions when they were angry. the best thing to do is to stay away from him when he cant control his anger.. let him cool down. yes he must say sorry to you. and i knw he didnt mean it.
look now were 4 years and counting.

Latest posts

Back