Brand alliances

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeaningIntoTheMuse

Reaction score
People usually get hooked on one brand, and then they stick with that brand for the majority of their lives. Do you have brand alliances?

Computers: I go for Dell Windows computers, and for Apple computers. I don't have a preference between Windows and Mac OS, but I do tend to go for Dell when I'm buying a Windows computer.
Smartphones and Tablets: This is the Android market. Android rules the mobile computer and smartphone market right now. And I like HTC for phones, and Samsung Galaxy tablets.
Email, Calendar, Browser, Maps, and Contacts: As I throw everything into the Android market, in terms of mobile computing, I also throw all of my eggs into the Google basket. I love everything that Google comes out with.
Soda: I have been a loyal Dr Pepper and Coca Cola fan for 15 years. I went through a brief fling with Pepsi, but hate it now.
Cloud Computing: No contest. Dropbox wins, out of the argument with Google Drive, Skydrive, and Dropbox. And Amazon Cloud Drive is a joke...but...
Cloud MP3 Storage: Where Amazon Cloud Drive fails, Amazon Cloud Player wins! It's the best way to store your music. Plus...
Cloud Music Streaming: Out of Rdio and Spotify, I have to pick Spotify. They have a lot more to their catalog. Plus, Rdio were snobs, and rejected all of my own music as an indie artist (where Spotify has it all.)
Video Streaming: There are a lot of options out there. Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, Vudu. Out of all of them, I find that Netflix is the most rewarding, offers the most content, and plays the best with all of my devices.
Batteries: No contest. Duracell is the best battery company. I refuse to buy anything else.

Now, what are yours?

I really am not very loyal to particular brands, I get stuff based on a combination of factors, I try to get and read reviews on things before purchasing, price, design, materials used, perceived durability and so on. That being said, I do have a few, but I still remain open to new, and am not blind to faults in the products I like.

Down Sleeping Bags: Western Mountaineering
Shoes: Montrail
knives:My Dad, or Cold Steel
Sewing Machine: Husqvarna/Viking, Bernina
Handgun: Glock, Sigg
Tools:Ones with lifetime warranties
Sun glasses: Julbo
Sun Screen: No-Ad
Anti Itch bug bite cream: Chigger X

Ok thats all I got now, yeah I know I had more than a few, and I probably have more.

Cool thread.:cool:

1. Television=Sony
2. Stereo=Sony
3. Sneakers=Nike
4. Headphones=Bose
5. Potato Chips=Pringles
6. Shaving Gel=Edge (Purple)
7. Chocolate bar=Mars
8. Assorted chocolates=Quality Street (fresia Me. Enland makes the best candy don't they?)

Computers: I like Lenovo Thinkpads, they are cheap but really great.

TV: I haven't owned many TVs but I have a Sony Bravia now and it's amazing so I'd probably get another Sony if I ever needed a new one.

Soda: Pepsi, Grape Crush

Sneakers: DC

Clothing: Shady Ltd. is my favorite brand ever but they were discontinued years ago, the jeans were the best but mine fell apart. I still have two polo shirts from them.

Streaming: Amazon On Demand

Phones: I don't like using a smartphone so I just use the cheap Samsung one, but my favorite dumb phone ever was the LG Chocolate, I wish I could still get that.

Fast food: McDonald's is my favorite fast food by far. I love all their food.

Candy/chocolate: Snickers are my favorite. They are so awesome.

I'm not really a brand loyalist but there are a few I find myself always going back to:

Soft drink: Pepsi Max
Cigarettes: Pallmall (trying to quit)
Gfx cards: AMD
Supplements: Myprotein

That's all I can think of right now.

Latest posts

Back