Brit. About as lonely as it gets.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richardalexander

Reaction score
Hi
I joined a month ago or so, described my situation here http://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=9119, I've been wandering around a few sites and found that the people who I can relate to in terms of sheer pain, are mainly at suicideforum.com
I made a few connections there, and they are all 2000 miles away in the US. Sweet.
My dream of IRL friendship still as far away as ever, then.
To cut a long story short (its in the post) I have been forced to live the life of a recluse, when in fact I am outgoing and extrovert. My mother did this to me. Having just escaped her at 21, with a quarter of my life down the toilet, I can't just waltz into life. My self esteem has been completely raped.
I have made a single online friend from England, 1hr from Kent where I live. She needs me almost as much as I need her, coming from an abusive family herself. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I find it hard to relate to anyone who isn't cripplingly lonely themselves. Anyway I play guitar for hours on end, as a substitute for parents and friends. But its a shitty substitute.
how to put this....well, i'm pathetically trawling the internet for someone, anyone!!

Anyway I'll stay at lonelylife for a bit more, then might look at other places
Rich

Your story is a sad one. My heart goes out to you. Don't ever give up on finding friends or craving love. Maybe this girl you've met recently is a shot at a better life. I'm rooting for you, man. If it's cool, we could talk in PM maybe?

Latest posts

Back