brother hates me and the feeling is mutual.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeyboy24

Reaction score
I guess I just need to vent... my bro was over today and I knew we hated each other before but he hates me so much that he actually blocked me on msn. I know this cuz I have my own comp in another room he was offline on my list and when I went to get a drink I saw he was chatting on msn. Growing up with him was hell he always told me I was a freak for having red hair, ugly, and stupid... it's kind of ironic his daughter turned out to have red hair. Anyways he comes over to my house to eat meals daily and we havent said a word to each other in over a year hes like a total stranger to me. The one person I should be close to in my life il never really know. The only memories I ever had of him growing up was get out of my face u r ugly u r a loser and a red headed fresia. That was probably the most hes ever said to me my whole life and sometimes we chilled when he was really drunk but he only talks to me when hes wasted.... hes a dick.

I would probably ask him what the hell his problem is with you. Me and my sister used to hate each other's guts, but one day we just talked it out and we've been pretty close ever since.

Misunderstandings, hurt feelings, the drama parents can sometimes cause by favoring one child over another. Those are the main reasons why one sibling can end up hating another.

im sorry :( My brother and I hate each other too.
you should pee in his shampoo.

lol pissing in the shampoo is some good advice. When we were younger I used to do things to him like put ice cubes in his bed. One time he beat me up and spit in my face so I hit him with a pool stick and ran away.

Interesting,

My brother and I didn't talk for 10 years. One day out of the blue he shows up on my doorstep to say hi. Hi ended up being 3 months. We talk and I find out (no surprise) it was due to his wife's intense dislike for me. They reconcile, I don't see him again for 3 years. Another knock on the door. Guess who? Yep, little bro again. He says "hey there", I say "you're late for dinner dumbass". A couple of days (and some fermented beverages later) we talk. Heart to heart. No more wife, they're done. I say I believe it when I see it.

I'm believing it- it's been four years now.

Having my brother back is incredible.

mikeyboy24 said:
I guess I just need to vent... my bro was over today and I knew we hated each other before but he hates me so much that he actually blocked me on msn. I know this cuz I have my own comp in another room he was offline on my list and when I went to get a drink I saw he was chatting on msn. Growing up with him was hell he always told me I was a freak for having red hair, ugly, and stupid... it's kind of ironic his daughter turned out to have red hair. Anyways he comes over to my house to eat meals daily and we havent said a word to each other in over a year hes like a total stranger to me. The one person I should be close to in my life il never really know. The only memories I ever had of him growing up was get out of my face u r ugly u r a loser and a red headed fresia. That was probably the most hes ever said to me my whole life and sometimes we chilled when he was really drunk but he only talks to me when hes wasted.... hes a dick.

He comes over to your house to eat meals, but you hate each other?
Why do you let him come over then?
I thought I hated my brother, but we do try to be civil to each other - mostly for the sake of our mother, I feel he had a part in destroying my confidence when I was younger and I'm only now getting it back 30 years later.
I used to idolise him as a kid, then something happened to him (failure in his love-life I think) and he turned sour - he's been single ever since.

My brother is three years older than me,and from when I was small he always treated me like dirt,never looked after me when I was in trouble,totally ignored me in school,and in never changed.Last time I saw him was at my parents house out New Years Eve,where I ended up decking him.That was 25 years ago,and you know what,I still don't miss the jerk.

Mikey, my brother puts me down all the time because he's threatened by me, and probably yours is too, especially if he's older than you. He comes round to your place for dinner and never says A WORD! That's just rude. I'd stop feeding the dude.

Best to try and chat face to face at least see if it's worth a shot. he's your brother after all. however you have to do what's best for you

I know you're probably not here anymore...

But I'd say that you need to move out, if you're still living with your brother. That kind of environment is toxic.

The problem can only get worse if more hate is contributed. Could you kill all of that hate with kindness ? Tell him you love him ! People tend to lash out when they are feeling bad about something. If he ever settles down, you could try to calmly approach him and talk to him. Maybe eventually you'll be talking and laughing and he will apologize. Good luck ! ={D

Latest posts

Back