Bully - The Documentary

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABrokenMan

Reaction score
I know we've had a few threads about bullying, but I wanted to spotlight this documentary i watched on TV a few nights ago.

Utterly heartbreaking...An 11 year old kid who was bullied in school took his own life, and is profiled. A girl who was tormented took a gun on her bus and threatened everyone- just to scare them, she recounted while in juvenile ward. A girl who came out as gay to her school was bullied, shunned and singled out on a daily basis. And the most heartbreaking was watching Alex, who was born at 26 weeks instead of 40, yet his own family treats him like an indentured servant to his younger brothers and sisters. Alex is expected to to fend for himself when it comes to life outside of his own home. He does nothing wrong, yet is abused mentally and bullied every day. Alex's dad (who seems to be someone who can't take a stand on his own) just tells his son in meek fashion: "Do you like being beat up? You gotta fight back". His little sister tells her own brother that kids hate him and she has to suffer getting harassed because "I'm your sister..."

Watching the responses of law enforcement, school psychologists and other clueless parents who think bullying is a way of life and no big deal are the root cause of such actions by their children. The problems of children ALWAYS go back to their parents. Always.

It made me forget about my own misery and sadness.
I highly recommend watching it. A sad commentary on the world today.

Bully Trailer

ABrokenMan said:
The problems of children ALWAYS go back to their parents. Always.

I agree.

There is another thread that discuses bullying. It was about " letting it go "

You cant just " let it go" unless you know how to stop it and prevent it. You also have to figure out why you are a target of bullies where others aren't.

A lifetime of learning for many.

This is so distressing. I feel so sorry for the poor girl who was bullied so much that she took a gun on the bus just to scare people and then ended up being the one who was punished. Have read about such incidents before where the victim finally snaps and is then punished while the bullies get off with what they have caused.
Also, reading about the girl who killed herself after being bullied really badly is heartbreaking. At the other end of the age scale it reminds me of a pensioner in a retirement flat I read about who was tormented so relentlessly by some local yobs that he killed himself. The yobs then walked past his empty flat mocking his memory. They were actually proud of themselves for driving him to suicide. I despair of humanity when I read such things.

Serious effort needs to be put into stopping bullying. Very serious.

Latest posts

Back