Call the Wambulance

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KXFan63

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I know many of you will want to call the Wambulance as my subject suggests after hearing my story. First of all, I don't have social anxiety. I'm actually quite comfortable around crowds, etc. As a matter of fact, I play in a rock and roll band. My issue is I'm 50 years old, and lonely as all get out. I've never done well with love itself - was married once, and engaged two other times. All 3 times to the wrong woman though. Again, I'm comfortable with crowds etc, but still totally intimidated by beautiful women. Which, I'm only attracted to the "pretty ones" (by society's standards). I've had (have?) women attracted to me - but I have no interest in them - it's a curse because they would treat me right. That's why I say call the Wambulance - because I know there are many on here that don't even have that.

I have a hard time making friends - both of my best friends live in a different state than I do - and both are married. My band mates just use me for my guitar playing - wouldn't consider them friends per se.

I have hobbies and stuff, and again I'm fairly outgoing - I just never make friends I can connect with - and again, don't even mention the women - plus, not getting any younger.

Oh well, glad I found this place - at least I can write this down and maybe connect with others that can relate.

Thanks for your time everyone, I wish you all the best.

Hey there, welcome to the forum. Hope you'll find what you're looking for here.

Latest posts

Back