Callahan's

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatOneDude

Reaction score
This isn't really anything creative or anything, but I don't know where else it would go. Mods, please move this to where you think it fit's best.

Anyway, I've been reading this sci fi book called Calahan's Crosstime Saloon. It's about a bar in Long Island where all manner of strange guys with problems congregate. Generally they just screw around and play games and stuff, but occasionally someone talks about their crap. I'm not really good at explaining things, so here's the wiki entry, it explains it better than I could.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Callahan's_Crosstime_Saloon

Anyway, this place kind of reminds me of Callahan's. Not everyone here has magic answers. Hell, I'd like to help people out more myself but I'm so messed up I'm in no position to give real advice and I'd like to help more than the stock answers for things. But on this site I have seen more genuine caring than almost any other site or place I've been to. The games sections has done me a lot of good over the last couple days. I think that A Lonely Life could really help a lot of people. Just needs to shed the kind of dour air that hangs around some of the more depressing boards. I don't really know what point I'm trying to make, but I wanted to say that I really appreciate this place and wish I found it sooner. I'm actually a much more optimistic and happier guy because of it.

...But this doesn't mean I'm going soft!

Yep you provided me your own nickname. Softie! *Pinches cheeks* You so cute.

I'm sorry. Cute signature btw. OK I"M TOTALLY KIDDING> :) Ok I will say no more of the subject. Ever.

Eh why do you let me get away with so much. ;) OK back on topic dammit. Callahan's sounds like a place I woulda frequented if I were a fictional character.

Latest posts

Back