Can anyone else relate?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pandas123

Reaction score
I saw someone else talking about this on a different thread and i thought why not? Ill start my own. Basically, sometimes i find myself feeling like im not really living, but rather just existing. Then i ask to myself if there is actually a point of living, a point in life? I actually do believe in God too though im not too religious. Anyway, it's a rather sucky feeling and thoughts that go on in my head at times. Times like right now >__<

Yes, I can relate to what you are saying. I have felt for many years that I am going through the motions of living but am not really living. Like you I believe in God, but often wonder what the point of this life is. I feel disconnected from others and so deeply alone. If I could meet someone compatible for a LTR, I know that I would be too busy then with life to feel this way. But on my own it all feels so pointless and empty.

Yes, totally relatable. I still feel the same til now but I try to change my perspective to get out of this. Cheering up someone else who has problems too and changing certain set of attitudes are helping me ease my bad case of negativity. I still lack motivation and consistency but I believe I'll be better soon.

although there is a certain monotony to my life, I do love most of it. My hobbies, customers at work, I can do without friends because I have never really had any.
The one thing missing is a nice woman. That would be a lovely bonus to everything else. Doesn't have to that heavy either.

Hi,
Life can be pretty boring and mundane and sometimes pointless for most of us at one time or another. Those feelings start to fade away when I make meaningful connections with other humans or reach out to others that need help. And personally for me, things like listening to powerful music, a walk in a park or looking at wildly creative art gives more meaning to my life :)

-Teresa

I feel the same way, but that's because I'm doing nothing right now. I seem to be wasting my life but at the same time I feel stuck and unable to do anything about it. I try but it never seems to work out much, it leave me questioning if anything will ever change again, it's also difficult to stay optimistic when you try and try and get nowhere. This is the problem.

I've definitely wondered about the point of life -- but I think everyone struggles to find meaning to their lives. It gets harder though, when you lack the social support you need (aka loneliness).

Latest posts

Back