Can you imagine what it would be like if you said all of your thoughts out loud?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would certainly mess up my chess analysis during a game. I have a hard enough time beating some of the best club members as it is. lol

I've spoken my mind all my life, it has often had a negative consequence, and for me; but it's either speak your mind or be a cowardly, timid, soul and afraid to speak your mind, or slide into insinuations and sarcasms to get your point across, and I'm not that keen on weak willed sarcasm, the infamous lowest form of wit, or euphemisms which just don't deliver the punch.

Up front and honest. If it offends them, fresia em.

There is some benefit in speaking your mind. I know whenever I’ve spoken up about unfair treatment at work people have been shocked (love that wide eye deer caught in the headlights look) and then changed their ways towards me so in that sense yes I think speaking your mind is important.

However I would absolutely hate to offend someone who didn’t deserve it so if I think my thoughts or opinion might cause harm the little pussy cat in me would rather keep them to myself. The world is full enough of self-righteous ******** as it is, I don’t want my silly opinions adding to that vipers nest.

Lost Drifter said:
However I would absolutely hate to offend someone who didn’t deserve it so if I think my thoughts or opinion might cause harm the little pussy cat in me would rather keep them to myself. The world is full enough of self-righteous ******** as it is, I don’t want my silly opinions adding to that vipers nest.

Little pussy-cats are little lions who would rather roar than meow, they just don't have the vocal chords. Speaking your mind is not necessarily an example of self righteousness, just a conveyance of truth which many may not want to hear, and for evil to triumph, all it takes is for good men to do (and say) nothing.

True but it really depends on the context of the situation. Calling someone out for being a bully is one thing I don’t mind doing but sharing my opinion which could well be irrelevant is another. I think a lot of people consider themselves entitled to share their opinions, if this is for the greater good then fair game but if it’s just preaching for the sake of preaching (which lets be honest, a lot of it is) then a little humility would go a very long way in keeping the peace and helping us all get along in the world.

If I spoke my mind at all times it would kind of come out as a wave of inane gibberish. Seriously, some of the honeysuckle that pops into my head has no business being there.

I don't think my boss would like it, if while working I suddenly shouted out "Monkey toaster chair the about run!!!" at the top of my lungs like I wanted to do once, just because I randomly thought of those words.

I'd probably be out of a job if I spoke my mind. It's picking and choosing the right time to say something and speak your mind. Downside is sometimes you can wait forever for that moment to happen.

I wouldn't shut up... ever. lol. Which is quite the opposite. No, I wouldn't like it at allllll cause I'd probably be annoying.

Latest posts

Back