cant get a date

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeyboy24

Reaction score
Hi I noticed a lot of posts saying they have never been in a relationship or have a really hard time meeting people. I was wondering if anybody knows of any free sites online to meet girls? Im not confident and very unattractive so I need to go somewhere where the girl is kinda ugly herself (which is ok) cuz I am really lonely and will settle for a girl with looks as bad as my own. I don't feel sorry for myself I just accept the fact that im ugly and its gonna be a very hard time meeting somebody. After all if I was a pretty boy its not like id be writing this post right now id have a bunch of friends and a cute girlfriend unfortunatly thats not how life works so here I am on a lonely life forum. Can anyone relate to that at all?

you can try okaycupid or plentyoffish

hey man don't be so hard on yourself I'm sure you look fine, I know a bunch of cute guys who are also single,

I feel your pain my fellow single brethren

I know it's really hard getting enough confidence to ask someone out or talk to someone

but trust me what's the worst that could happen, accidently ask out a straight girl?

that ship has sailed and I'm still alive

you can do it!

:)

Hey man, I have freakish front teeth and a bizarrely shaped skull, -and- I trip on dense pockets of air at the most inconvenient times possible, but I've still managed a date. I'm not saying there's no truth in what you're saying, but generally -and even I, the veritable Sultan of Pessimism- have to admit that we are ten times harder on ourselves than others are.

So stop it.

But if you're wanting to try to meet some different girls and go for a date, I suggest starting with Plentyoffish.com or OKCupid.com, like evfan said. They're not perfect and your mileage may vary, but they are -genuinely- free and you should have some selection available to you.

My friend said he wishes he were a pretty boy. Thing is, that doesn't matter. Pretty boy or not, people have these issues regardless. Looks only matter to shallow people who don't care about anything important. I don't care how good a guy looks, if we have nothing in common, then nothing will come about it.

You really, REALLY wanna avoid taking the dating site route. If my experience has taught me anything about then, it's this:

Any women/men that find you interesting and attractive are stuck in Nigeria, and need your financial help to get them out. And it's ALWAYS nigeria, coz alotta beautiful people have dying relatives in Nigeria.

And ALL of them type in epicz engrish.

Code S.O.L said:
You really, REALLY wanna avoid taking the dating site route. If my experience has taught me anything about then, it's this:

Any women/men that find you interesting and attractive are stuck in Nigeria, and need your financial help to get them out. And it's ALWAYS nigeria, coz alotta beautiful people have dying relatives in Nigeria.

And ALL of them type in epicz engrish.

+1, lol.

the dating thing has never worked for me. i never seem to get hits in my area.

mikeyboy24 said:
After all if I was a pretty boy its not like id be writing this post right now id have a bunch of friends and a cute girlfriend unfortunatly thats not how life works so here I am on a lonely life forum. Can anyone relate to that at all?

I know you are frustrated by the fact that you can't find someone, but I myself are pretty attractive (atleast my friends say) and I too can't find anyone! Let alone that I have ever kissed a girl... So good looks don't have to do anything with it!

Sometimes I see a totally not good looking guy with a really hot chick ;) (One of my friends actually xD) But he is a very interesting person and very charasmatic.

But don't worry friend! There are alot of ways to make yourself a bit more attractive!

Some hints!

1: Smell nice! Use a overall well liked perfume.
2: Get a workout! If you are overweighted, your chances of getting a girl are slimmer!
3: Do something with your hair, be creative. Girls like guys who have a nice haircut :cool:
4: Don't be a creep! When you see a girl, stop eyeing her and approach her. But don't approach a girl who is out of your league.
5: Maybe one of the most important ones, get female friends, because when a girl sees that you are talking to other females, they think that you must be interesting in some way. So surrounding yourself with female friends is not a bad thing!

My friends helped me create these though :p So the kuddos are for them ^^

Cheers!

I'm in this situation. I'm just completely clueless when it comes to talking with women. I can't hold a conversation with them at all, and I have absolutely no ability to read body language or determine if a girl is at all interested in me. Even dating websites are useless, as I can't even function enough to manage an intelligent message to start. It's really pretty pathetic.

Maverick1989 said:
Some hints!

4: Don't be a creep! When you see a girl, stop eyeing her and approach her. But don't approach a girl who is out of your league.

haha this made me laugh. it's funny because sometimes I end up feeling like i am eyeing girls that are out of my league. so it's the worst of both worlds lol. :p

Maybe I'm not the norm...okay, I KNOW I'm not the norm, but...Looks aren't everything. I have never based a person simply on their looks, I know GORGEOUS/STUNNING people and quite frankly, I want nothing to do with them because they are pompous asses. I would much rather have someone who is an honestly good person than to have someone who beautiful and an ass.
That said, not all dating sites are bad. A few of my friends met their husbands on dating sites and they are happily married. (don't ask me which ones, because I don't remember) But do your research and be careful, not everyone tells the truth about themselves. Gain some confidence and look at you deem your good qualities and not what you think are your bad, because chances are, you're probably over-playing them. :)

Latest posts

Back