career?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In past, I worked as a loader and a general worker.

I left my job two years ago.

Now I rent out my flat for money. It gives me about $180 a month, or $2160 a year.

I'm an attorney, but my career has never really taken off. When I did my apprenticeship, I got paid very little just like most other people. After becoming a fully fledged attorney, I got a bit more, but left that firm after 9 months. Made a massive mistake in going out on my own, which was way more difficult than I thought it would be. Closed down a year ago and still looking for work.  :(

I think there are just too many attorneys out there and not enough jobs. My advice would be to look for something that you would enjoy doing, but also something that's in demand. Sucks when you study real hard and pay a lot for something, only to struggle to find a job.

I am (was) a Chartered Accountant.

I worked in business as a Financial Director for say 15 years and had my own (small) firm of Chartered Accountants in practice.

That was up until 5 years ago when I had a heart attack then had to give up work and go on the sick.

I made good money for a number of years but due to messy relationships and 5 years on the sick I’m now broke.

So I threw away an excellent career

I’m only 20, so I haven’t really had a career, but I have worked in a lot of places and have various skills and certifications. I work in a big diesel shop that specializes in semi trucks, I’m a firearms instructor with nationally recognized certification, I’ve done flooring, food service, and customer service.
I know a lot of stuff!

I'm a poor lonesome cowboy and I'm a long long way from home...
I now work in an insurance company, but I've been in a law firm, an engineering firm and different other practices. I helped run a 50+ employees store in the past, which led me to believe I become an utter prick as a boss. No specific career per say. Though I'm considering security these days.

Latest posts

Back