Catfish Bait Recipe

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesse

Reaction score
For anyone who wants to catch some catfish. This guy at work told me about this recipe. I've made the bait, but won't try it out till tonight.

Recipe

1.5 Pounds of Raw Hamburger
8 Boxes of Cherry Flavored Jello
2 Bags of Nacho Cheese Doritos
A block of Limburger cheese

Preparation

Get a large container (preferably a decently large pot) and pour the jello into it. Smash the Doritos in a separate container (preferably a long cylinder type container). The Doritos must be in as fine of a powder as possible. Pour the powder Doritos into the container with the jello. Add the raw hamburger. You don't have to mix everything together until you add the cheese. Melt the cheese, then add it to the mix. The cheese should be thoroughly melted- this is important. Add the melted cheese to the mix and mix it all together until it's perfectly even.

The mixture then needs to set in the fridge for 4 hours. It should form dough balls. I haven't tried this recipe yet, but this guy at work swears by it. He says if there are catfish in the area, they will go for your bait. The only thing is, the mixture stinks really bad because of the cheese. Your home might smell for a while and your fridge might too. My friend at work says it's worth it though if you really want to catch some catfish. I will update after I've tested it. :)

I use turkey honeysuckle.

Honestly, anything that smells pretty strongly and disgusting will work.

Well my bait didn't work. My power went out and I couldn't melt the cheese very well. Instead of it coming out as a dough ball it was all crumbly. I won't be trying to make it again any time soon as I'm broke.

I'm going to vomit. lol, seriously, there should be some kind of disclaimer on a thread like this. :p

Lol.. yeah the smell was pretty awful. I fed the dogs some Limburger, then they went and gave my uncle lots of kisses. :D

Latest posts

Back