change myself for a girl?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pearl92

Reaction score
So I love heavy metal and am a guitarist in a metal band. I have hair down to about shoulder length. But the problem is, I can't get any girls to be into me. I haven't got a single girl interested in me or have the slightest respect for me since I grew my hair out. I really want a girl too, so im thinking the only way this can happen is if I cut all my hair and be clean cut. But I really like it and take very well care of it, condition, grooming it. I guess if I want a girl to be attracted to me I just can't have it both ways???

Although there will be some girls who don't like men with long hair, for most girls I don't think it would be an issue. Would you really want someone shallow enough to reject you just because they don't approve of the length of your hair? The only thing which matters is how you feel about your hair. If you are happy with it shoulder length, then this is all that matters.

Hair doesn't change who you are. I would leave it as it is, if a girl can't accept you for who you are and what you look like, she doesn't deserve you. People judge others way too much on appearances. Appearances do not tell you anything about who the person really is. If you like the way your hair is, keep it the way it is.

You shouldn't change yourself unless its something you want to do. I'm sure a girl will come along that likes you for you :)

Dude.....I made love to my guiitar long before I ever made love to a woman.lol
That would be the riddle and some guys just dont get it.

Don't change yourself man... I too am a guitarist in a metal band and my hair is almost down to my butt. Pretty much everyone digs the hair, except for ultra-conservative types. There ARE people who will not only find your hair attractive, but also respect you for wearing it proudly.

From your other threads, which I just read, it seems you'd benefit more from developing your social skills than from worrying about your hair.

Dude...it's not about your hair. It's about who you are.

If you're secure with yourself...it's not going to matter either way.
Short hair, long hair...guitar or no guitar....money or no money.

My guitar skills and My skills on how to interact with women are
totally 2 differnt things.

Most of the time women can really give a rats ass if Im a musician
or whatever the hell I do for a living.

A lot of times it's none of the above or even being socailable.
Its my ability to hit on or pick up women....So that I may get to know her. Then get socialable with her.

You say...women dont notice you.
So are you waiting for them to come to you or give you some kind of signals???
You might try changing your tactic/stratagy from fishing to a more agressive style and go hunting.
Youre bascailly just asking if you should try different bait when you're fishing.
You might try shooting moving targets for a change....

As a guitarist..you know different style and technique to achive different sounds..
So why wouldnt you apply these same prinicples in your life or getting women??? ( music is life)
You know as well as I do...painting your guitar a different colure aint gonna make a hell of beans on how you play it.

I used to have really, really long hair, and recently got a medium trim. Since then, I've been getting so much more attention. I looked like a girl with the long hair.

Do what you want, but you may want to reconsider keeping it. It may not fit you.

And LC is absolutely right. Girls generally don't care if you're a musician or not. Unless you're famous and with lots of money, in which case they go after you for the gold digging status. But normal guys, with normal gigging and who are independent artists...no, you have to learn how to socialize with women despite being a musician, not using the musician thing to get you in with them. Even Jimi Hendrix had to learn how to pick up girls.

DO NOT CHANGE.

Bitches ain't nuthin but ho's and tricks.

If you change yourself, then you'll just end up being what SHE wants you to be... rather than what YOU want yourself to be. That's not living. Do what you want, be who you want, and find a woman who LIKES who/what you are.

It's not worth it to tear yourself apart for a "dream" girl... more often than not, that dream ends.

It's up to you man. In my opinion, I think short hair is better. I used to have long hair myself but then I got it cut... I felt I looked better and it actually made me feel a little more confident and I got a bit more attention too, which was nice.

However as some people have already mentioned, some girls like long hair and some don't. Simple as that.

I think short hair is better than long hair though for practical reasons... short hair is easier to maintain and stylise. It doesn't obscure your vision. It's cooler temperature-wise than longer hair. It won't get tangled. People who give you trouble (physical confrontations and hair) may be less inclined to grab shorter hair than longer hair, and if you do any exercise or anything, it's easier to get sweat of our your face and eyes. :p

Callie said:
Hair doesn't change who you are. I would leave it as it is, if a girl can't accept you for who you are and what you look like, she doesn't deserve you. People judge others way too much on appearances. Appearances do not tell you anything about who the person really is. If you like the way your hair is, keep it the way it is.

This, 1000%

Yeah just be yourself with it. But if you're feeling very insecure about it, you could try for a hair cut, see how it goes and if it doesn't make a difference, leave it out to grow long.

I personally used to prefer guys with short hair. It makes them look neater. But there was once I met a guy with long hair, at first I thought gosh..long hair..not my type..but after talking to him, his personality outshined his long hair and then I grew to love his hairstyle and then I realized, it's really not about the hair that matters. It's the personality. And I was totally infatuated with him.

You just be yourself, and if you hit the right girl who likes your type, you don't have to worry about the length of your hair.

Guys with long hair can be sexy too. :p
Like Gianni Luminati from Walk Off the Earth. I like him not for his hair but because he has such an interesting personality :shy:

Metal is the way to go.
Metal music is the way to play.
I used to be in a metal band (lead guitar) but I don't work well with people so not anymore
Keep it the way it is

Maybe you're hanging out with people that doesn't suit your interests? There are a lot of girls that like men with long hair, there are tastes for everything. For example, I shave my hair and I have a hairy body. Now should I let my hair grow and remove my body hair for girls? Hell not! Should I stop listening to Post Punk music? Never! I like the way I am and someone should love me how I am, not how they want me to be. I am what I am naturally... not going to be another fake cliché for others to like me.

People should be the way they feel confortable. That way they feel better with themselves and naturally atract the ones in the same picture. Why would you want a girl that doesn't have the same tastes as you, but has a taste for a 'fake you'? Just be yourself.

Yeah, cause you know how much those kind of girls are into short haired rockers. Or will you give that up too? Better yet, how bout you just become a different person altogether.

...and if you do, it hasn't really solved your problem now has it? Lets face it, we're all just pieces of meat standing in line at the bordello of denial. Easy come, easy go, moving in, moving on...

Badjedidude said:
DO NOT CHANGE.

Bitches ain't nuthin but ho's and tricks.

This sounds like a bumper sticker. Maybe you should go into the slogan business, Jedi ?

Also, you should only change if you believe it'll being you closer to being the person you want to be. Don't let other people push you into changes that you, deep down, believe will make you miserable, and get you no advantage.

don't confuse hygiene with style.

to pick up girls, you will need to have good hygiene.

examples:

- if you are going to have long hair, make sure it is clean and well-kept
- if you are going to wear skater shoes, make sure you mr clean magic eraser the soles to make them bling
- if you are going to wear concert t-shirts, make sure they aren't wrinkley and faded

most girls aren't obsessed with your particular style.

they just want a guy that is genuine with whatever he does and has the confidence to "rock it".

if you are going to sport that style, ROCK IT, be outgoing.

Latest posts

Back