Chemical companions ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheRealCallie said:
I gotta say, I really don't think this is a good idea for a thread on a place like this.  It kind of encourages people to look for vices and that could lead to addiction and making the problems worse.....

For once, I gotta say I totally agree with Callie.

TheSkaFish said:
It used to be alcohol and marijuana, but I stopped smoking about 4 years ago.  I realized that I could take it or leave it, and it wasn't really helping anything.  Now it's just alcohol, and mostly beer.  Also I drink with friends, not alone as it would be kind of hard to do that at home....I'm of legal age but it's just something we don't do much of here.  I guess it's not truly medicating my loneliness if I am with friends.  Thankfully I have them.  I'm just lonely for a girlfriend.  Still, at my age and not having been on so much as one date, it bothers me a great deal.

constant stranger said:
At one time, vodka.   Also weed but I quit that first.  For a few years (..age 18 to about 26 or 27 or so..) LSD, peyote and psychedelic mushrooms.   Coke was too expensive and I didn't get high enough, I thought.  H was the forbidden "bad stuff"!!!.....my bourgeois pals and I snorted it a few times a year, (..poking was WAY too hard core..) and we thought we were badass......college white boy fantasies.

I'd be interested to hear your psychedelic experiences sometime...I have had a few as well.  I didn't do that for loneliness though.  That was  about curiosity.

I didn't do acid etc. for reasons of loneliness either, although I did it for boredom sometimes.  I did more than 100 trips, maybe 120 or so and curiosity was the reason i started and fascination was what kept me doing it again.  Recreation and entertainment were my primary motives.  I learned pretty quickly not to go tripping if I was depressed or anxious about something, to avoid any people or places with whom or where i was uncomfortable for any reason and to plan beforehand where I was going to be when i was high on psychedelics.

Out in nature was always the best venue....wooded hills, alpine meadows, seashore and tidal wetlands were always fascinating.  I eventually kept on hand a bottle or two of vodka to come down with in the evening....trip all day and relax with a psychedelic drunk at night.  I have fond memories of camping out at remote places I was very familiar with, dropping acid the next morning then spend the day enjoying whichever fascinating ecosystem I was in and then relaxing that night with a campfire and a bottle of vodka.   Usually alone, but occasionally with a trusted friend.

All this was in the late 1970's in California, when I still had my youth.  Be kind of interesting to do it again now that I'm old.......or older.

TheRealCallie said:
I gotta say, I really don't think this is a good idea for a thread on a place like this.  It kind of encourages people to look for vices and that could lead to addiction and making the problems worse.....

Stepping out of one's home is dangerous, too. One could be struck by lightning.

Oh, and let's not forget switching on the TV or visiting Facebook ... dangerous.

Somnambulist said:
TheRealCallie said:

Stepping out of one's home is dangerous, too. One could be struck by lightning.

Oh, and let's not forget switching on the TV or visiting Facebook ... dangerous.

That's way different than taking any type of drug. I think it's good that some folks can be open about whatever their usage and uses were, but try not to sensationalize drug usage.

DarkSelene said:
Meditation. Super effective.

Also weed, everything is entertaining with weed.

I don't know why but I find this extremely hilarious...  I just couldn't stop laughing when I first read it...  I know a guy who has been a pothead as long as I've know him...  This just reminded me of him...

I was on Heroin for a long time.... I stopped doing that after 5 trips to rehab. These days I just do the ritalin im perscribed sometimes. I make a fus about takeing my meds though. Also drink and weed if its offered. I make an effort not to unless its offered.... Heroin is really bad here in St Louis. I had to ditch all my old friends to get out of that scene. These days im kind of a shut in. Also smoke more then a **** chimney but whatever. I would vape but here in missouri the ciggerette taxs are the cheapest in the country. My drug of choice nowadays is crusty scum fresia acoustic punk music

First of all, I am new here, but I also think it is an important thread. It's honest of how we cope. For me it's alcohol. Am I a drunk--No. I have to work. Does it help, long term, of course not. Nothing does. But sometimes short term gains are what keep a person going.

sk66rc said:
I don't know why but I find this extremely hilarious...  I just couldn't stop laughing when I first read it...  I know a guy who has been a pothead as long as I've know him...  This just reminded me of him...

Glad I was entertaining, at least. hehe

Latest posts

Back