cold and depressed in sunny california

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drifted

Reaction score
Going through a very hard time where stupid choices i've made in the past, which have followed me since, are taking on a more awful and asphyxiating character. I am extremely lonely and depressed.

I can hold pretty a good conversation, so i'm hoping to find friends... although i'm not sure if that will happen as i've noticed a post count disparity between newer and older member and, in any case, connecting with others hardly happens for me, neither in reality or forums.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you find what you are looking for here. If you are looking for someone more specific to talk to, you can always try the Networking section. Otherwise you can always try the chat rooms. :)

Drifted, our past always catches up with us and sometimes that's a hard lesson to learn. But there is a lot of truth in the idea that "this too shall pass." I'm dreading the day that some of my past comes back to me... Sometimes all you can do is to treat each day as a new beginning and a chance to avoid making new mistakes.

Sorry for all the platitudes, but sometimes they are true.

Rocky66 said:
Drifted, our past always catches up with us and sometimes that's a hard lesson to learn. But there is a lot of truth in the idea that "this too shall pass." I'm dreading the day that some of my past comes back to me... Sometimes all you can do is to treat each day as a new beginning and a chance to avoid making new mistakes.

Sorry for all the platitudes, but sometimes they are true.

Yes, that is really true. Whenever something happens to me, whenever I do stupid and pay for it I always think 'have I learned anything?' many times I have, sometimes not.

Thanks everyone for the welcome

Welcome to ALL. Not sure what you mean about post counts. But yeah, some people have been here for ages and rarely post, but use chat. Whilst others post quite often but don't use chat. Some people post and use chat quite a bit :D

Latest posts

Back