Comfort food?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annik

Reaction score
Whats your cheer you up give your tummy a cuddle comfort food dish?

Mine is grilled cheese* and bacon with plain white bread. :D

*Some people sometimes think I mean cheese on toast when I say this so just to clarity its grated cheese and water then put under the grill until the cheese "falls"!

Yum.

lonelyfairy said:
Chocolate! Yummy.

Callie said:
and just about anything that is made with chocolate.

Its funny I had a feeling chocolate would come up! I never really turn to chocolate for comfort. I'm more likely generally to pig out on savory stuff as well!

pizza%20pops.jpg

Don't have one. :( I just eat whatever I have when I need comfort food. Grilled Cheese, PB & J, Chips, Crackers, whatever suits me at the time.

I love "Comfort Food", but it's dangerous isn't it? If you get used to eating it when you are down, it can lead to an addiction and weight gain.

LoneKiller said:
I love "Comfort Food", but it's dangerous isn't it? If you get used to eating it when you are down, it can lead to an addiction and weight gain.

Hmm luckily when I get very upset the first thing I loose is my appetite. I'm more likely to overeat if I just like something. I tend to eat comfort food when its cold and rainy or I'm not well.

I eat baby carrots or celery if I'm stressed. The "crunch" helps me relieve tension. I don't eat much when I'm sick or depressed, at these times I just drink tea and what not.

LoneKiller said:

You're right, it can develop an eating disorder. That's where chewing gum becomes useful during moments of stress/anxiety.

literally any combination of:

cheese
either tomato sauce or green salsa
carbs

lasagna, americanized mexican food, pizza, pasta, and i'll even dip string cheese into green salsa.

also, i love really high quality dark chili chocolate. seattle has this GREAT chocolate factory, and when i can afford it, i prefer their bars.

A fresh, out of the oven French bread with tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, olive oil, with salt and pepper.

**** delicious!

SISILOG - SIsig, SInangag (fried rice), itLOG (egg)

l.jpg

nyumnyumnyum :D

and oh, green mango shake! <3

Sushi! Though I mean the Brit supermarket variety, I've never had "proper" sushi.

Also, crab paste-lined crackers. LOVELY.

Tuna is awesome too. In fact, I generally like seafood :p

If I'm sick or something, chicken/chicken noodle soup is a must. Makes me feel much better for some reason, psychological I suppose.

Latest posts

Back