comment about this site...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seahorse said:
I am not biased towards introverted people. I mostly just got frustrated that on here that people really don't want to just chat. They do want to debate, argue etc, complain A LOT. Real life is not like that, at least not my experience.
I think its hard to just chat when you sign yourself up to a forum that Is meant to aid or help fill some kind of void of loneliness (hence the name). To say that this doesn't happen in real life is a bit stretch, the world is full of complainers and debators and people that will have differing opinions. It would be quite a boring world if it didn't. 
To have certain expectations of a forum to just simply adapt to how you view or do things in life is unrealistic. There are people from all over the world, different time zones, different cultures, situations, upbringings all rolled into one person. So of course, it will cause conflict, offence, extroverts versus introverts and so on. The thing that keeps middle ground is knowing and respecting the differences with understanding. And if it doesn't fit for you thats cool too, but the frustrating point is not the people more of your expectations of those people to meet your needs when they simply can't and won't.

I wouldn't say I was looking for people to meet my expectations on here. My goal was to chat with people, I find that is not a common thing on here. No biggie, it wasn't what I was looking for so I will move on.

Going back to the point of this thread, I have seen a lot of posts that go unanswered. I think it would be nice, seeing as the reason for this thread is lonliness, to have a couple of people check new threads and when you see a thread that has no replies to say something, even a canned response so they don't feel ignored.

Seahorse said:
Going back to the point of this thread, I have seen a lot of posts that go unanswered. I think it would be nice, seeing as the reason for this thread is lonliness, to have a couple of people check new threads and when you see a thread that has no replies to say something, even a canned response so they don't feel ignored.

I think that's a bit hypocritical to say, given that instead of trying to change things, you complain and then say you are leaving.  No offense, but you didn't exactly give the forum...or the chat room...a fair chance. 
Not every thread is going to get a response quickly.  And sometimes people don't know how to respond.  
My point is, if you go looking for the bad, which you seem to be doing, you will find honeysuckle.  Stop looking for the bad and contribute to the good.

Seahorse said:

Thats just forcing. And why would the author of a thread want a response out of force than genuine? 

I for once would really not care if I had a thread with zero responses. I would care if someone just responded out of pity. Like "oh Moetan hasn't had any responses I should write one so she doesn't feel ignored? 

People shouldn't respond based on that. Rather comment and genuinely give the time and effort to help or respond back to the situation or topic.

Moetan,
To address your comments, maybe you don't mind if some one doesn't reply to your threads and wouldn't want a reply that seemed like pity, that's fine.
But not every one feels like that. Without stating the obvious many people come here out of complete frustration and desperation, so to be ignored is only adding to that. Maybe it would make some ones day just to be acknowledge or at least feel a bit better and if YOUR reason for replying to some one like that is to let them feel heard then how is that not genuine?

TheRealCallie said:
Seahorse said:

I think that's a bit hypocritical to say, given that instead of trying to change things, you complain and then say you are leaving.  No offense, but you didn't exactly give the forum...or the chat room...a fair chance. 
Not every thread is going to get a response quickly.  And sometimes people don't know how to respond.  
My point is, if you go looking for the bad, which you seem to be doing, you will find honeysuckle.  Stop looking for the bad and contribute to the good.
I replied to some ones very desperate post yesterday as did Sarah G

Seahorse said:
TheRealCallie said:
Seahorse said:

I replied to some ones very desperate post yesterday as did Sarah G
Most of my threads have been in an effort to engage people in a positive way. I will try again. Lets see what happens!!!

Seahorse said:
Moetan,
To address your comments, maybe you don't mind if some one doesn't reply to your threads and wouldn't want a reply that seemed like pity, that's fine.
But not every one feels like that. Without stating the obvious many people come here out of complete frustration and desperation, so to be ignored is only adding to that. Maybe it would make some ones day just to be acknowledge or at least feel a bit better and if YOUR reason for replying to some one like that is to let them feel heard then how is that not genuine?

A lot of folks here also have a difficult time talking to people in general. That's something to take into consideration, too.

Seahorse said:
I wouldn't say I was looking for people to meet my expectations on here. My goal was to chat with people, I find that is not a common thing on here. No biggie, it wasn't what I was looking for so I will move on.
I am happy to chat with you if you want.

VanillaCreme said:
Seahorse said:
Moetan,

A lot of folks here also have a difficult time talking to people in general. That's something to take into consideration, too.

Hello Captain obvious, I have been on here less than 2 weeks and I can see that people have a hard time talking to others .

Seahorse said:
VanillaCreme said:
Seahorse said:
Moetan,

Hello Captain obvious, I have been on here less than 2 weeks and I can see that people have a hard time talking to others .

So then why are you just about demanding people talk? You're being very underhanded about your "positive" attempts to talk to people. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, but this rude, snarky response here just proves why you most likely haven't gotten many responses. Less than two weeks and you think everyone's going to rise up and jump at a chance to speak to you? Perhaps practice what you preach and you'll have better results.

Maybe this forum would be better off named "I can't or don't want to talk to any one besides playing silly games where I don't even have to try to get to know any one"

VanillaCreme said:
Seahorse said:
VanillaCreme said:
Seahorse said:
Moetan,

So then why are you just about demanding people talk? You're being very underhanded about your "positive" attempts to talk to people. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, but this rude, snarky response here just proves why you most likely haven't gotten many responses. Less than two weeks and you think everyone's going to rise up and jump at a chance to speak to you? Perhaps practice what you preach and you'll have better results.

I get plenty of responses . thank you.

Ok.. Here it goes... Grow up every one.. So many of you complain about not fitting in.. People in real life don't play stupid games . they talk to each other about what ever is going on. Most people over 18 don't play video games..really they don't. People talk...even if its about the weather or what ever

As someone who is most definitely over 18, you are wrong. All of the people I game with are also over 18. What difference does it make? You clearly don't like this forum yet you stick around to call people names and hand out insulting remarks? Why?

Seahorse said:
Ok.. Here it goes... Grow up every one.. So many of you complain about not fitting in.. People in real life don't play stupid games . they talk to each other about what ever is going on. Most people over 18 don't play video games..really they don't. People talk...even if its about the weather or what ever

I'm not even going to bother anymore. You clearly aren't very receptive to people being different and having other thoughts and opinions that don't agree with yours. What does playing video games have to do with much of anything? People can play video games at any age if they want to. Just because you don't agree with it or like it, doesn't mean it's wrong for anyone else to do. Best of luck to whatever it is you're looking for.

I went out for coffee this morning. Made a comment about the cold weather, in return a joke about how Donald Trump doesn't believe in climate change. A quick exchange, a smile and a laugh.. Is it really that hard????

Latest posts

Back