Completely 100% Alone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phaedron

Reaction score
Family died, friends all moved out of state and lost contact, and last night the long awaited breakup with my long distance so called girlfriend happened.

I am now completely alone in life. Not a single person I am close to, or that I matter to.

So I'm trying to figure out what I should do with myself and how to cope. I generally don't mind a life of solitude, but it has never been so bad that I don't at least know one person I am close to that I can talk to from time to time. Now it is.

Life has become depressing, and given the number of times things have gone badly for me, I've just about given up hope. Life is still somewhat enjoyable and there are creative projects I want to finish, but once thats all over with I might feel that my time here can be over. "suicide is painless, it brings on many changes, and I can take or leave it when I please."

So I don't know anymore. I am wandering aimlessly through life, at this point.

Don't give up Phaedron. Like a lot of us here we are facing the loneliness. I live in hope that one day I'll find happiness, maybe gain a close friend...perhaps a partner to spend the rest of my years with.
When a relationship ends it can pretty much feel like you have nothing left.
After 23 years with my husband...the only person in my life who I trusted, he spoilt that by having an affair last year and left me. It knocked what little confidence I had and social anxiety interferes with me just going on out into the big wide world to find new friends.
But even though I am more down than up at the moment when I see someone like you who is in a similar position then I realise I am not alone and with the hope that things will improve for you, I then see that things may possibly...one day...improve for me too!

Big hugs

Phaedron & Change 4 Good--
I hope you both find happiness. Everyone deserves to feel connected and find some joy.

Phaedron,

I also hope that you won't give up. I can understand how you feel after the break-up from your long distance relationship because I have one as well but it isn't going very well. It's hard for me to let go and I already feel alone.

I don't have a lot of friends but I picked up the glove at the beginning of this year to try new things like taking different courses. I've met some people and I felt really good about it. It is maybe a way to search for new friends. I wish you really all the best!

change 4 good said:
Don't give up Phaedron. Like a lot of us here we are facing the loneliness. I live in hope that one day I'll find happiness, maybe gain a close friend...perhaps a partner to spend the rest of my years with.
When a relationship ends it can pretty much feel like you have nothing left.
After 23 years with my husband...the only person in my life who I trusted, he spoilt that by having an affair last year and left me. It knocked what little confidence I had and social anxiety interferes with me just going on out into the big wide world to find new friends.
But even though I am more down than up at the moment when I see someone like you who is in a similar position then I realise I am not alone and with the hope that things will improve for you, I then see that things may possibly...one day...improve for me too!

Big hugs

I'm very sorry to hear your story. I wish you all the best and I really hope the same for you as for Phaedron.

It's easy to say "don't give up"..but much, much harder to do.

I too don't have any friends and my family is all crazy, so staying out of contact is best for me.

I am married, but my husband works a lot and the opposite hours, so we hardly see each other, and he is more fine with that than I am.

I do have kids, and they are the only thing that keeps me going, when they leave I'm sure I will lose it more than I already have.

So, I don't know if there is hope, but I do know there are people out there, you have reached out and that is a really big step. So talk, talk about everything and anything in these forums, let us be your friends and when the world has shut you out...come in here where it is warm and friendly and we all get it.

Create more posts, help some others who may feel just as lonely, do good.

That's my advice.

Marie

Try not to give up, its worth just living life out because you never know what could happen, something great could happen tommorow you just need to think optimistically. Doing creative things is a great, so continue doing that. :)

Change 4 good, i am a very socially anxious person too i know how it feels, i used to get panic attacks but fortuanatly i have dealt with that. Im sure you will also find happiness eventually just like Phaedron, you are a very beautiful women!

Man i know it's tough, but don't ever give up hope. We're all here for you- you've got a support group at least. :)

‎"Life is a storm... You will bask in the sunlight one
moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what
you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout... Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates
will know you as a man!"

-Paraphrase quote from The Count of Monte Cristo (2002).

Thank you for the kind words and the compliments. You truly are a lovely bunch on here! :) x

Thank you everyone.

Actually, something positive might come from this. I find that Anger at the one who betrayed me can be a strong motivator, especially as me and the ex are still on speaking terms. It makes me want to make something more of myself so I can rub it in her face. "This is what you abandoned and can no longer have."

Although, thinking that a friendship with her can be maintained is probably a delusion. I gave her my full heart for a full year, and halfheartedly gave her half my heart for half a year. Now it is over.

It may just be those who walk lifepath 5 are free as the wind, but unable to develop lasting roots of any kind. We are wanderers, explorers, and not easily defined into any one category. Half of us can't stand to be with one person or in one situation for too long. The other half chases the elusive shadow of love, friendship, and prosperity, only to find that everything and everyone comes and goes and is equally meaningless in the end. Five Is the wanderer who is first and foremost alone...

Hey Phaedron.
i'm sorry to hear about the hardships in your life so far. it seems you have had more than your share.

i however... i do hope that being a wanderer - you will also come about things of better nature.
and that you will find better receptor for your heart.

Latest posts

Back