Condition Where You Pretend A Lot

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lost Soul

I'm writing down all the issues I have and all the conditions I have.

Does anyone know the condition where you like to pretend a lot? I don't know if overactive imagination is that or not.

I pretend a lot. I have no idea if there is a condition, or if it has a name, but you may want to change the title of this thread from 'predent' to 'pretend'

Having an imagination? I don't know. I'm sure there is a condition for that, but I don't know it.

Do you think that it is possible that you are breaking down your personality into what you perceive as negative qualities, when in fact they are simply parts of who you are?

I could easily create a thread asking :

Hey, I love tiramisu (which I do btw). Does anyone know what the name of that condition is?

Steel said:
Do you think that it is possible that you are breaking down your personality into what you perceive as negative qualities, when in fact they are simply parts of who you are?

Hey, I love tiramisu (which I do btw). Does anyone know what the name of that condition is?

Sorta, I'm breaking down Asperger's to help people understand it and me better. So, they know what all I have, since it's a little different for everyone.

Just thought I'd tell you, I have an online friend with Aspergers, so I kind of understand what youre going though. If you want to chat just PM me.

Lost Soul said:
Steel said:

Sorta, I'm breaking down Asperger's to help people understand it and me better. So, they know what all I have, since it's a little different for everyone.

I agree with what Steel is saying. People who don't have Asperger's can pretend a lot. It's not really something that goes hand in hand with Asperger's. It's like you're asking why you are the way you are, instead of just saying to yourself that that's just how I am, no rhyme or reason to it.

As an EMT I have found people are very hasty to try and list off every little problem as a medical condition.

It's really not. Aspergers or no, they're just personality traits. Characteristics that affect your behaviour.

A 'medical condition' is something chronic; something physically or chemically wrong that requires treatment to lead a normal life or have a normal biology/body chemistry.

I think that people who sit around listing everything that could be wrong with themselves have a real problem indeed.

Who gives a fresia what conditions we have? Let's just work to be better people and forget the rest of that honeysuckle.

Badjedidude said:
I think that people who sit around listing everything that could be wrong with themselves have a real problem indeed.

Who gives a fresia what conditions we have? Let's just work to be better people and forget the rest of that honeysuckle.

Yeah! man I agree with you...

I don't know where but most of the time i am just myself.

I was bored and just wondering what all I had with my Asperger's. it doesn't hurt to know, right?

Also, I seem to pretend a lot more then most people do. Maybe others don't do it when anyone else is around.

If you want my honest opinion, Lost Soul, I think you may be a bit of a hypochondriac. I think most people don't analyze the minutae of their lives, hoping to discover what "conditions" may be there.

As I said before, it doesn't matter what "conditions" a person has. All that matters is being the best person you can be.

Badjedidude said:
If you want my honest opinion, Lost Soul, I think you may be a bit of a hypochondriac. I think most people don't analyze the minutae of their lives, hoping to discover what "conditions" may be there.

As I said before, it doesn't matter what "conditions" a person has. All that matters is being the best person you can be.

OK, I'll leave it alone then.

^^^I'm just saying that it's not very healthy to focus on the negatives.

Instead of trying to find what may be wrong with yourself, why don't you look for the good things? Your interests, your hobbies, the skills you have... etc etc. :) You might find that more is going for you than you think!

Latest posts

Back