Confessions of a Loner

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRed

Reaction score
Back when I was younger, my lonesome tendencies caused me a lot of trouble. I was living in fear of the outside world. I had no sense of self, no social skills- no spine when it came down to it. Depression was a constant in my life; I lacked the determination and discipline to accomplish my goals, to be someone.

10 years later, I'm a different person. I'm no longer afraid. Anything I ever dreamed of doing, I can do. I've become so good at playing the role of the functioning extrovert that, for a moment, I surprised myself by signing up here. In the end, however, I'm still holed up in my room, by myself, with nowhere to go, just like I've been all these past years. Like I don't want anybody or to have anyplace else to go, in a way. Like those kinds of things were never in the cards for me.

The only change to the time I spend alone is the copious amount of alcohol I'm consuming, as well as the fact that I tend to eat like a pig. So cheers, my lonely friends. The bottom of the bottle may not be the answer, but it does raise some interesting questions for the time being. It's not like anyone can see me, anyway.

Hey, Red. Welcome to the forum.
Your story is familiar to a number of others here.
Perhaps you can make some one line friends here.

For what its worth man i see you.(Not in that creepy i have cameras in your house im watching you im going to eat your brain kinda way lol just metaphorically speaking i mean :) ) Welcome to the forums and i hope it helps some being here.

I relate to some of the things you've written here, TRed, to the point where sometimes it felt like I was writing it, not you. Are you one of my clones? :p

Anyway, welcome fellow new user. :)

Hey, I hope you'll seek and find some answers here. Talking sometimes help. Welcome.

Thank you all for the welcome.

Nicholas said:
What are you drinking?

I usually pour down a few cans of the cheap stuff on an empty stomach. I know myself well enough to know that making a habit of drinking hard liquor won't end well for me, so I avoid it.

Welcome to the forum, TRed. Hope you'll meet some nice people you can connect with on here. Good luck.

There is always a way to go... a better way.. a way to help you learn to live..
Welcome on board and hope you are not gonna be an alcoholic... Keep ur wall up.. :) Best of luck for ur futur..take care of your health..

Latest posts

Back