Could I Have a Happy Life without Friends?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your life is going to evolve and change over time. You may find a romantic relationship. But, you need to stop putting yourself down. Getting a Master's in Library Science is something to be proud of. It sounds like you are interesting, play sports, play the guitar, play some video games, etc. I think you are selling yourself short as a romantic partner. As for friends, sometimes you do just have to take a step back and quit trying so hard. Just focus on going about your life but keep yourself open to being warm and friendly and whatever happens happens.

I think most people have days when they are perfectly content with being on their own, other days when they are happy to just be around colleagues and having small talk, and then days when they need deeper social connection and/or romantic experiences. Some people have more need for one or the other depending on their life situation, emotional and physical needs etc. Overall though, I think it would be extremely challenging to go through life without friends at all, and so I guess most people carry on trying. And who knows, once you graduate and get a new job and life changes, it might become easier to meet people and maybe even meet a girl. Anything is possible right :)

Latest posts

Back