Could you go on loving someone who made clear to you that they didn't believe

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjam

Reaction score
you loved them?

I think anyone who truly loves someone would be able to say YES to that without hesitation.

If I were truly in love with someone and they didn't believe
me no matter how many ways I showed them, I would leave them. I'm not wasting my time trying to convince them. I don't play games when it comes to the heart. A relationship is not a ******* game show.

hmm.. Yeah I would still love them but I'd consider their "not believing" me a sign that they don't feel the same I guess.

LoneKiller said:
A relationship is not a ******* game show.

This ^

I could last for some time but if they’re still not convinced after a significant period I’d start to question how much they value the relationship if they’re not willing to trust you.

I wouldn't stick around for that.

My love is too precious to be brushed aside.

I love fiercely and that deserves to be acknowledged and reciprocated.

Due to my emotional disorder, I am unable to answer the question. However, I wanted to say that I really like this thread and reading the responses here. I sincerely anticipate reading more. So many people will cheat on somebody or get into some other relationship they know is wrong in some way, and blame it on this uncontrollable emotion- Love. Yet here people are, saying they would no longer love somebody who didn't believe they were loved. That seems contradictory to me, and intriguing.

If someone didn't believe me that I loved them I'd walk away. Why put so much effort into something that they don't believe.

If you truly love someone is it that easy to walk away? If it is, then maybe you didn't love them after all? (Just playing Devil's advocate).

If I really loved someone, dunno it depends, if they are prone to moments of self doubt and wondered how anyone could love them, then no I would just see that as one of their little imperfections and I would reassure them that I did love them or possibly question whether I was trying hard enough.

If I knew I was putting my heart and soul into it and still being accused of not trying or 'not giving a honeysuckle' then I think that would mean I would start to love them less and possibly get to the point where I wanted to leave. I've walked away from a similar situation very recently in fact but it was more the fact that I felt they didn't love me anymore that made me do it. I maintain my judgement was correct, even though it was crippling to have to go through it. To put it simply, I came to the conclusion that I'd still hear "I love you too" in response to me saying it but no longer heard "I Love you" coming the opposite direction. Man, what a horrible, heart destroying break up. *shudders*.

It is never easy to walk away from a person that you truly love. If you do love them you'd end up loving them all your life whether they believe you or not, whether you have a future with them or not. If you can walk away easily, it means you've never had the real thing with them.

I've been in both the situations. When you're in love and it ends, you continue to love them in your heart and learn how to ignore the longing. But it never goes away.

Latest posts

Back