Court.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sullirose

Reaction score
Hey all,

Wondering if any of you have ever been to court. I've got a speeding ticket accusing me of 64 in a 45 and in NC that's an auto-court date. I guess I'm considering myself lucky though...if I was caught doing that in GA I'd have gotten an auto-$500 ticket with their new "super speeders" law...pfft. Not like I didn't have somewhere to go!

*I kid...speeding kills, don't do it.*

Anyway, share some stories if you want, about court dates and whatnot. I'd love to hear about all you delinquents. :p

*Picture related. I like t&a*

JB2.png

Top Tip: when you’re about to get your fine/sentence/smack on the wrists produce an ominous envelope from under the table and slide it across to the judge, reminding them of the 'pictures from that weekend' with an all knowing look in your eyes.

Years ago, I was waiting in the ER for the resident psychiatrist to come and see me. After about 3 hours he showed up. He said something that pissed me off, and in anger I pounded my fist on a dinner table that they use in the patients rooms.

I never touched him physically. Only the table in anger. He proceeded to call the police and charged me with assault. Assault for hitting a table?!
The cop said that all he has to do is feel threatened and he can press charges.

Went to court. The judge knew the charge was bullshit and recommended that the psychiatrist and I talk with the prosecutor and he went into his chambers.

When he came back out, the prosecutor said to the judge that a peace bond was agreed on. That's it. Oddly enough. The same psychiatrist that charged me committed suicide a few months later because he was charged with child molestation. How messed up is that?

Honestly it all depends on the type of person your judge is, what their character is and how it corresponds to yours, and the mood they are in that particular day.

Best you can do is show respect and hope for mercy.

A guilty person showing even a little respect goes a lot farther than an innocent person scoffing at authority.

Good luck, drive safe.

I've never been to court personally. Any speeding ticket I got was because I was speeding and I know I was so I deserved the ticket. My brother and mother were in court once because we had a crazy neighbour accuse him of something, I can't even remember what it was about now, that's how untrue it was. Anyway, we had a judge that hated single parent mothers, he had a chip on his shoulder because his wife left him and took the kids. I was sitting way in the back shaking my head at our neighbours lies and the judge accused me of sitting there laughing. My mothers friend who was sitting with me was quick to defend me. He told her that he knows exactly how children like us behave. Which was his admittance to his prejudice against us. The case got dismissed because there was of course, zero evidence to support our neighbours claims. The judge did tell our mom that she should look into disciplining us better. My mom told him that it's not her that needs to discipline her kids better, referring to our married neighbour, who's boys were both trouble makers.

That's my court story.

LoneKiller said:

Years ago, I was waiting in the ER for the resident psychiatrist to come and see me. After about 3 hours he showed up. He said something that pissed me off, and in anger I pounded my fist on a dinner table that they use in the patients rooms.

I never touched him physically. Only the table in anger. He proceeded to call the police and charged me with assault. Assault for hitting a table?!
The cop said that all he has to do is feel threatened and he can press charges.

Went to court. The judge knew the charge was bullshit and recommended that the psychiatrist and I talk with the prosecutor and he went into his chambers.

When he came back out, the prosecutor said to the judge that a peace bond was agreed on. That's it. Oddly enough. The same psychiatrist that charged me committed suicide a few months later because he was charged with child molestation. How messed up is that?

I said a few "choice words" to a doctor in the ER as well. My situation went under a code *insert number I don't remember here* that restricted me from leaving the hospital, they were seconds from putting my son into foster care and shipping me to an institution in Atlanta, GA for "evaluation" for 3 days. I went in there because I was having tremors in my arms from zoloft. I was prescribed zoloft from an OB/GYN who liked to assume any woman who wasn't happy after birth had post partum. I told her that zoloft wasn't a good idea because of what I read on the bottle. "do not prescribe for people under 25, stop use if you feel worse or have hormonal imbalance before pregnancy" just a few that applied to me. I stupidly trusted Ms. Doc and the anti depressant affected my thyroid and put my hormones into overdrive. I was breastfeeding...which I had no choice but to stop because of the zoloft...I will regret for the rest of my life trusting that ******* woman. I looked forward to breastfeeding so much. Doctors are honeysuckle. I hate them all. :D

Your doc is one less doc I don't have to dislike!...that was cold but really...he obviously targeted people in a weak position so he could feel in control.

TropicalStarfish said:
Honestly it all depends on the type of person your judge is, what their character is and how it corresponds to yours, and the mood they are in that particular day.

Best you can do is show respect and hope for mercy.

A guilty person showing even a little respect goes a lot farther than an innocent person scoffing at authority.

Good luck, drive safe.

Thanks star, I've been safely driving since I was 15. No accidents. My last speeding ticket, not counting this one, was 2 1/2 years ago.

I'll make sure I'm grovelingly respectful ;)

Sci-Fi said:
I've never been to court personally. Any speeding ticket I got was because I was speeding and I know I was so I deserved the ticket. My brother and mother were in court once because we had a crazy neighbour accuse him of something, I can't even remember what it was about now, that's how untrue it was. Anyway, we had a judge that hated single parent mothers, he had a chip on his shoulder because his wife left him and took the kids. I was sitting way in the back shaking my head at our neighbours lies and the judge accused me of sitting there laughing. My mothers friend who was sitting with me was quick to defend me. He told her that he knows exactly how children like us behave. Which was his admittance to his prejudice against us. The case got dismissed because there was of course, zero evidence to support our neighbours claims. The judge did tell our mom that she should look into disciplining us better. My mom told him that it's not her that needs to discipline her kids better, referring to our married neighbour, who's boys were both trouble makers.

That's my court story.

It's rough when you get a prejudiced judge. I keep hoping that the law is actually going to do something good for me one day, it seems to always screw me no matter what!

My brothers were always in trouble and I got the brunt, being the little sister. I actually had a cop in my face accusing me of "harboring a fugitive" (my brother), my mother said I turned so red and stopped breathing before she told the cop "if you only knew how much she hates Casey..." I almost bit that fuckin' pigs nose off. I wasn't but 12 or so!

Pezza said:
Court? What's that?

I've definitely never been there...

Okay, maybe a dozen times or so, but they don't count :p

Are you a lawyer, social service worker or something?

sullirose said:
Pezza said:
Court? What's that?

I've definitely never been there...

Okay, maybe a dozen times or so, but they don't count :p

Are you a lawyer, social service worker or something?

No, just a very misunderstood individual.

It's easy to break laws when you're living in the moment.

I love how psychiatrists have told me back then: "..The bad thoughts you are having are just thoughts.." If they were just thoughts then why the hell do we need psychiatrists. I swear that some of them got their degree off a matchbook. Like I've said before. I've gotten better advice from the members here than any shrink has ever given me. "Just thoughts." What a bunch of crap.

I had to go to court for a speeding ticket. Well he got me at doing 65 in a 45 but that was after me slamming on the brakes when I seen him haha

I've never been to court. I have a fear of courtrooms...and lawyers.

This may come from the idea that my jerk of a cousin is a lawyer. I have a hard time respecting lawyers because of him.

It's literally impossible to get a speeding ticket here. Everything is clogged up with traffic! Move up the speeding limit for just a bit and you tailgate and crash another vehicle.

Ak5 said:
It's literally impossible to get a speeding ticket here. Everything is clogged up with traffic! Move up the speeding limit for just a bit and you tailgate and crash another vehicle.

Haha you put any kid in a mustang that's a stick and you'll find a way to speed lol.

Mikey193 said:
Ak5 said:

Haha you put any kid in a mustang that's a stick and you'll find a way to speed lol.

I'm serious, there are like only two long, open roads that are literally clear. And cops are lurking everywhere there lol. Everything else is pure traffic!

Ak5 said:
Mikey193 said:
Ak5 said:

I'm serious, there are like only two long, open roads that are literally clear. And cops are lurking everywhere there lol. Everything else is pure traffic!
If I get one more speeding ticket they take my license I need to stop speeding lol

Well then stop speeding or stick to the Interstate. ;)

I guess I'm lucky living in an area with a lot of traffic, you start passing everyone and then it's obvious you're above the speed limit!

Latest posts

Back