Cozy Like

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont know where everyone here is from, but recently, here in the UK, the BBC covered a news story about how hugging can make you live longer. It was meant to be one of those early morning stories that are meant to make you feel good for the rest of the day, but it just made me miss having someone to hold me. **** rainy saturday night blues :-(

hahahah I never saw the cuddle party pic... hey that old guy is grabbing the gray ladies butt, and shes trying to get some lovin from the huge teddy bear in the front of the pack... and the guy in the back of the pack looks like he doesn't even know them, but just slipped in while they're all sleeping to steal a cuddle... Like the stranger in public places that always sticks his head into your private photos :)

---

Red26... I believe that news... sad tho true.
I give great bear hugs, so say my nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, etc... I like picking people right up off their feet... I come from a hugging family... lots of hugs when you visit after being away for a while... I miss the hugs :(

My family have never been 'huggers', a couple of my friends are but its a brief 'nice to see you' hug. I miss those hugs where someone holds you tight, and you can feel their heart, and absolutely nothing needs to be said. Not a great to think about right now for me :-(
Thats 2 sad faces in 2 posts - I think I need a cup of hot chocolate!!!

sorry to make you sad in a way :( ... sometimes I'll give a pillow a bear hug... it's not the same I suppose, but pillows need lovin' too :)

Its ok, you havent made me sad at all, its nice to have people to talk to. Oh, my pillows are spoiled rotten! They get hugs every night ;-)

Lost in the Oilfield said:
Jeremi said:
The only thing missing is someone to cuddle with ><

:( so true... the thought also crosses my mind at those moments.

Yeah, sometimes I give my cats and extra-strong hug when I'm feeling lonely.

Colette said:
Jeremi said:

My pillows tend to get more punches than hugs.... I'm sorry pillows.

diamond-dancer said:
Colette said:
Jeremi said:

My pillows tend to get more punches than hugs.... I'm sorry pillows.

Hahahah... it's good you hug your cats :)
I was just thinking, the only cat I can hug is my nieces, and he'd probably claw my eyes out before I got a chance... he hates being touched at all... he makes weird growling noises if anyone puts a hand near him.

Well Diamond, as long as you make an effort to hug them once in awhile, I'm sure you'll be forgiven... or maybe if you hit yourself with a pillow you'll be even. :p

Colette said:

The only cat I can get hugs from belongs to my friend. It's name is Tiny and it is HUGE and fluffy and only has 3 legs...so it can't run away! Haha.

diamond-dancer said:
Colette said:

The only cat I can get hugs from belongs to my friend. It's name is Tiny and it is HUGE and fluffy and only has 3 legs...so it can't run away! Haha.

LMAO

I used to visit my cousin often because he had high speed internet, and I couldn't get it in my area yet... he had six cats, and two of them loved to camp out on my lap while I messed around on the Internet... they'd watch my screen while I played Battlefield 2 and help me spot the enemy when they weren't sleeping.

diamond-dancer said:
Colette said:

LMAO

I used to visit my cousin often because he had high speed internet, and I couldn't get it in my area yet... he had six cats, and two of them loved to camp out on my lap while I messed around on the Internet... they'd watch my screen while I played Battlefield 2 and help me spot the enemy when they weren't sleeping.

Aren't they great? I work with both cats and dogs and find that cats are so under rated.

Colette said:
It's after midnight and the wind is blowing like mad outside. A storm is headed our way. I love nights like this because I feel all warm and "cozy like" snuggled in bed.

Anyone else ever feel like this or am I the only freak. :D

I am also a freak. :p
I love to watch and feel storms.
When I was little I thought rain meant that the sky was crying for me. As I grew up I realized it was crying for lots of people, and I would wonder who and where they were.

Today I feel cozy like a warrrrrrrrrrrrrrm kitty kat (without the fur shedding and tickling your lips!)

GodsWitch said:

Me too! Do you stand in the rain while everyone else is running?
I love to feel the cool wet spring rain on my bare feet while walking through wet grass.

I think I was a gypsy in another life. :D

Your right, cats are under rated... thing is they're so independent at times that they just don't seem as snuggly as dogs... Dogs are almost always there to be hugged and pet... cats are only there when they want to be.

I wish it was spring.

Colette said:
GodsWitch said:

I love to feel the cool wet spring rain on my bare feet while walking through wet grass.

Hiya Collette,
You and GodsWitch are not alone. I love watching storms too. Our storms here are not as fierce as in other countries, but seeing the lightening and feeling the thunder reverberting in my ears just makes me feel small, like I was a kid again.
I love the smell of the air after a thunderstorm, its like everythings been washed clean.

Red26 said:
Colette said:
GodsWitch said:

Hiya Collette,
You and GodsWitch are not alone. I love watching storms too. Our storms here are not as fierce as in other countries, but seeing the lightening and feeling the thunder reverberting in my ears just makes me feel small, like I was a kid again.
I love the smell of the air after a thunderstorm, its like everythings been washed clean.

Great, we have three little chicks for our freak club: me, you and GodsWitch.

Colette said:
Red26 said:
Colette said:
GodsWitch said:

Hiya Collette,

Great, we have three little chicks for our freak club: me, you and GodsWitch.

At night when it's raining I sneak out sometimes to go for a walk in the middle of the street. I go barefoot, even though there's usually broken glass. It's a small price to pay. I love rain at night, like when you get that shivery soaked-through chill and then climb back in the window, peel of wet clothes and climb in bed with 3 or 4 comforters and quilts and whatnot... perfection to the n-th degree! :)

Latest posts

Back