Craigslist Free Entertainment during the Pandemic

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Craiglist is fun! Sure there is a lot of people are trying to sell crap for more then one can buy them new. But, every once in awhile you get a good deal. I buy, on average, about 5 things per year from Craigslist. Recently I bought another set of rims for my truck. Sometimes there's even decent stuff to pick up for free. But, the best part is seeing all the odd stuff people are trying to sell. Why in world did they buy that stuff in the first place? It's like going to a yard sale. I keep checking for the elusive great deals like it's an addiction.

Are there any crazy things you've seen for sale? Did you buy them? Have you spent hours looking at all the stuff others are trying to sell? What have been your experiences with Craigslist? You might as well check things out now before Craigslist fills up with stupid advertisements like YouTube.

https://www.craigslist.org

To tell you the truth that looks like my attic---isn't that terrible....Well I am hiring two young men before wintertime sets in to empty it out and bring the stuff to the yard and have a garage sale...One of my goals....I used to know a nice man that sold antique furniture on Craig's List and he managed to survive with the money he made but his knees went out (bone against bone) and he had to have surgery and don't know what happened to him after but his family had some money and I am sure he is okay and well taken care of and I am sure struggling like all of us do in our daily lives...  priscella

Not Craigslist but there was a guy who found a dead rat in his shed and was going to throw it out but got the idea to sell it on Ebay. There were people bidding on it. Not quite sure what they felt they needed a dead rat for.

Minus said:
Not Craigslist but there was a guy who found a dead rat in his shed and was going to throw it out but got the idea to sell it on Ebay. There were people bidding on it.  Not quite sure what they felt they needed a dead rat for.

Ha! ha! I saw an article about someone selling a USED coffin on Craigslist. I tried searching for one currently for sale but I couldn't find one. Ha! Ha!

How does a person come up with an unneeded, used coffin?

Maybe you can just line the inside of coffins with plastic. Put the body inside. Do the burial ceremony. Wrap the outside in plastic to seal it. Bury it. Then in a week or so dig it back up. Toss the plastic with the body in the hole. Fill the hole back in. Remove all the outer plastic wrap. Re-line in the inside and sell it again.

Hmmm, that might be a great business opportunity. All most people are interested in are prices. So you could charge less for a really nice looking coffin because you would be constantly reselling it. Ha! Ha!

Oh honeysuckle, I just found this:
https://funeralcompanion.com/coffin-rental/

Finished said:
^ Ha! Ha! That's awesome! Good find.

Thanks, Fin.  But I wonder if that particular Chair is sturdy enough to support an adult's body weight?  It could accommodate a child's weight.  But what about an adult's body?

graphic.jpg

August Campbell said:
Finished said:
^ Ha! Ha! That's awesome! Good find.

Thanks, Fin.  But I wonder if that particular Chair is sturdy enough to support an adult's body weight?  It could accommodate a child's weight.  But what about an adult's body?

Hmmm. Maybe you discovered a new business opportunity. You could dig up bodies and make chairs out of them for adults. You could tout that you are saving the environment by recycling. Ha! Ha!

Minus said:

Nice! That might make a great way to eat the body of Christ especially if one used Gluten free bread. That would be way better then those stale crackers they dish out and healthier at the same time. Ha! ha!

Interesting that you mention the Eucharistic ritual practiced by the Catholics.  In that Catholic ritual where they eat the consecrated wafer, the Catholics actually believe they are eating of the actual literal body of Christ.  In the Catholic dictionary, it's called Transubstantiation, where the wafer becomes the fleshly body of Christ literally.  Isn't that Cannibalism? I mean literally.

Sure why not. We should be recycling and repurposing everything we can. Maybe we'll even start seeing remanufactured, "used," condemns on the store shelves. Anybody ready for a go at that? Ha! ha!

Matty said:
Minus said:
How does a person come up with an unneeded, used coffin?

Very good question.  I kind of understand "unneeded," but "used?"

August Campbell said:
...  Isn't that Cannibalism? I mean literally.

Finished said:
... We should be recycling and repurposing everything we can. ...

Oh, is that how it becomes used and unneeded?

Latest posts

Back