Crush vs. Love

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dslegends

Reaction score
Aight so I have had this kinda running through my head and i really couldnt come up with a good direct answer.

What is the difference in Love and a Crush?

I guess im going to debate it a little here and see what everyone can add.
I would say a crush is really someone you just want to be with, but that is also the same case with someone you love. With someone you love i guess it would be more of a deeper sense of feelings, and with a crush its more of a spur of the moment!

You've forgotten infatuation.

Opinions are varied but IMO, crush is a fondness for someone, possible romantic interest. Love is taking it to the next level, deep rooted affection bordering on psychosis.

I think people throw the word love around way too carelessly,I see it happen a lot. Like after knowing someone for no time at all...BAM! They're in love.
Love I think takes more time to develop. More than likely those hasty folks who throw the word around are more or less infactuated,or obsessed.

A crush is a softcore liking of someone.
Love is more mental,deeper and should be more meaningful.

I think a crush is an interest in someone that is based mostly out of your own fantasy of them. Love is knowing that person for realsies and still having a connection with them, even after a big old dose of the ugly.

also, stop trying to define the undefinable. :p

crushes are where i think theyre perfect.
love is when i know theyre far from it, but still like them.

you crush on a date.
you crush on a friend.
you crush on a GF/BF.

you love your family.
you love your spouse.
you love your children.
you love your pets.
you have to clean up after them and feed them and they never shut up...
and when they do, its cause they dont want to be around you...
but you still love them.

crush - rachel mcadams

love - mother teresa

rachelmcadams.jpg

mother-teresa.jpg

Crush is when you see the supossedly MOYD (man of your dreams) walk through the front door and your knees turn to jello.

Love is when the same said MOYD 10 years later is seated in the couch, is snorting or picking his nose, no longer has that athlete body and has a belly from here to Zimbabwe but you still care for him anyway, faults and all :)

hmm lets see.......

I had a freakin darn big crush on my gf from the moment we met and the moment I saw her picture (little did I know that she had the same towards me). It then turned into love (which is even a bigger and satisfying feeling than a crush).
Good grief!!! I realized, I still have a crush on her xD.

I think a crush would go away sooner or later and it could be crushing on someone you don't know, but love is different ,it's something that grows and gets deeper.

It's hard to put them in words and there are too many meanings,so just as iwasaloverb4thiswar (ok lol long name but I love it :p ) Said just stop trying to define the undefinable :p !

A crush is an invitation to be in a relationship, be romantic, and get to know someone. All these things must happen before the illusion of love can come.

As far as love is concerned, it's just as much of a myth as the human soul, something we can feel but certainly can't prove. And just like the soul it is impossible for a pure, fully developed sense of love to exist in the human world, it's too perfect. What humans feel when we want to marry someone could be for security, offspring to start a family or simply because we want to share life with someone. Love between children, parents, family members, and God exist, but true love between a man and a women, that's debatable. I'm not saying it truly isn't possible, but niether is time travel.

Cypha said:
A crush is an invitation to be in a relationship, be romantic, and get to know someone. All these things must happen before the illusion of love can come.

As far as love is concerned, it's just as much of a myth as the human soul, something we can feel but certainly can't prove. And just like the soul it is impossible for a pure, fully developed sense of love to exist in the human world, it's too perfect. What humans feel when we want to marry someone could be for security, offspring to start a family or simply because we want to share life with someone. Love between children, parents, family members, and God exist, but true love between a man and a women, that's debatable. I'm not saying it truly isn't possible, but niether is time travel.

Ok, aside from the fact that this has nothing to do with the subject of the thread :p

You start off by saying "love doesn't exist" and then admit that it does between those whom we are related to - given this, why is it so hard to accept that it can exist between two people who desire a relationship together?

Latest posts

Back