Cuddle shop anyone?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a website / business which offers "cuddle parties", pretty interesting...

There is a cuddling business only 2 blocks from my work. I happened to see it because my doctor's office is right next door. I don't think business is booming there, though, I never see anyone there when I drive by! Not sure how I feel about cuddling up to a stranger, although if I didn't have a kid that likes to cuddle, I would consider it

This would not work for me because I reserve this activity only for people I actually care about deeply. I would only feel comfortable if I was dating someone or in an actual relationship. But if people find value in this service, I think that's great. It's just not for me.

To be hugged and kissed by someone who I truly care about is a dream of mine.

Paying to be hugged by someone would only leave me feeling worse afterwards.

So basically it's "I dont really like you, but if you give me $60 I will pretend to like you for an hour". An entrepreneurial activity exploiting the unfulfilled needs of the lonely. A lesser form of prostitution in my mind.

Do you have a wider range of services on offer at all, at discount to forum members ?😚 Sort of Lonely life Cuddles Plus ?

$60 for an hour of cuddles....with no strings...sounds good to me😘

why pay when there are so many rehab groups and Coda meetings available? (Fight Club shows the way)

That kind of tells me our civilization is becoming more cold and insular when services like this start to exist.

Reminds me of when Opus would to call '1-900-Dial a mom' whenever he needed motherly advice/affection.

Either that or it's simply the market responding to a target market...Historically possibly there was some sort of provision 'Croneworld Cuddles' 😗I don't know...but I think that anything that brings to the fore...basic human needs in order to thrive isn't such a bad thing and I shall be approaching my GP at the earliest opportunity for a manly embrace subsidized hopefully by the NHS.😝

Latest posts

Back