Date a girl in Lonely Life?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although I enjoy this site, I don't think I could take an online relationship seriously enough. If she were to live in my area, then sure.

@Wyrm - I was never really into the whole Idea of "internet dating" so I can understand your standpoint. I appreciate it as a novelty, like a new pen pal system. I had a friend whom ended up dating this one woman for a few months, they met and dating online for a while before they actually met up.

Not knocking the idea... in fact, I would most likely give it a honest try. guess I've not had the opportunity.

Well, I can see how an online relationship might work....but keep it in context. I know people can become close friends online, and even grow to like each other....but love? I dunno. I think love requires close chemical and physical aspects that online communication lacks.

So I could imagine getting familiar with someone online, flirting, etc....but before I could call it real romance, I'd have to meet the girl in person. *shrug* I'm old-fashioned like that. :p

ssbanks2000 said:
@Wyrm - I was never really into the whole Idea of "internet dating" so I can understand your standpoint. I appreciate it as a novelty, like a new pen pal system. I had a friend whom ended up dating this one woman for a few months, they met and dating online for a while before they actually met up.

Not knocking the idea... in fact, I would most likely give it a honest try. guess I've not had the opportunity.

Well, if the idea is to meet someone online who lives close enough for RL dating, then sure. My honest opinion is that it would be much more difficult to find a potential GF/BF online than in RL, because in real life we meet people through our friends and through activities or other things that we do. So real life actually kind of filters the people so that we are much more likely to find someone who's compatible with us. Even those dating site tests and questionnaires are, IMO, not nearly as effective for leading us the right way as real life socializing and networking. I think that dating sites might be better for random hookups, but even then it probably isn't as effective as searching for it in real life.

I have a coworker who met his current live-in GF through a social networking site. At the time, she lived in a another state too. Just her adding him led to a serious relationship for them. I think that his case is more the exception than the norm though.

Long distance online relationship can work. You just have to make as much face time as possible to keep it alive. I'm just entereting a divorce with my wife that I met on another site. We lasted 3 years till she didn't like me anymore...but since she's moved on I have too and I know this girl is amazing. You must be dedicated and talk at every opportunity.

who wants a friend... when you can have a girlfriend :D they give awesome gifts, like for easter she sent my a clucking rabbit and easter eggs with pieces to a note that i had to put together like a puzzle. she uses this site. we play yahoo games together too, and share accounts on other sites.

i dont get why people are so selective... but whatever.

Badjedidude said:
Well, I can see how an online relationship might work....but keep it in context. I know people can become close friends online, and even grow to like each other....but love? I dunno. I think love requires close chemical and physical aspects that online communication lacks.

My best friend got married to a guy we met online. We knew him for years before I got them together. They got married about a week after meeting in person and adore each other.

duality said:
Are there girls here who are actually willing to date a guy on this forum?

I certainly would. Oh, but how to choose only one?

Why is everyone so focused on dating? The problem is you have to learn to love yourself before you can love others. Once you do that it should happen naturally I think. But I understand where people are coming from if they've never had a date before. Just rememeber there's loads of people like that.

I do generally like myself. It's other people I have the problem with.

As for focusing on dating, well, that's normal. Every where one looks it's couples here, couples there, couples almost everywhere. You have society telling you that you need a partner. You have the media telling you that you need a partner. Pretty much everyone thinks that without a partner, one is incomplete. It's just normal unfortunate reality.

why do girls always talk about loving themselves... cause, umm, so many people love want you.

i want dating, because bitching is usually a girls thing. men usually joke or argue with each other. men usually talk to women, and 'listen' just cause its a requirement to be around them... the whole 'i want to come home, and talk about my day, and be with him, and feel like everything is going to be alright.' with so many lesbians and such, theres now an increase in female bitching, thats getting passed on to men, without following any male things like 'sex'. im not going to listen to bitching about pointless stuff for nothing... i at least want to feel like i got the Tshirt, like i was there, i tried to get laid, even if i dont, least I dated, so i can joke or argue with other guys. :p

Right. And you're trying to say what exactly? That you will only listen if you can get laid?

TheWickedOne said:
Right. And you're trying to say what exactly? That you will only listen if you can get laid?

Im with Wicked... I got lost reading that shibby.

h i said:
why do girls always talk about loving themselves... cause, umm, so many people love want you.

i want dating, because bitching is usually a girls thing. men usually joke or argue with each other. men usually talk to women, and 'listen' just cause its a requirement to be around them... the whole 'i want to come home, and talk about my day, and be with him, and feel like everything is going to be alright.' with so many lesbians and such, theres now an increase in female bitching, thats getting passed on to men, without following any male things like 'sex'. im not going to listen to bitching about pointless stuff for nothing... i at least want to feel like i got the Tshirt, like i was there, i tried to get laid, even if i dont, least I dated, so i can joke or argue with other guys. :p

Do you really believe all of the crap that you just posted here? Not that what you wrote was even intelligible, but let's see if I can deconstruct what point you might have made here:

• Women *****, while men joke.
  • Men only pretend to listen to the women around them to get some.
  • Sex is a man thing.
  • An increase in lesbians means an increase in bitching.
  • Lesbian-induced bitching is, in fact, contagious, and has infected men, making men... lesbians?
  • You feel that if you're going to listen to bitching, then the price is some pussy.

So basically if I can boil it down to its essence, women have nothing worthwhile to say and you'd be happy if they just shut the fresia up and put out for you.

my bad. i was just trying to make conversation. i want to say yes. but thatll just get me into more trouble... so, im just not going to answer you and ignore the question. no it doesnt make men lesbians, it makes them platonic. good try though, youre making progress.

Latest posts

Back