Date tomorrow

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well congratulations on a successful first encounter. Its good that you are doing this with such a positive outlook. Exposing myself to first encounter situations is something I certainly need to start practicing with. Its getting started that is so hard, but I'll never improve my situation if I dont start taking action like you seem to be doing.

Coverage said:
Well congratulations on a successful first encounter. Its good that you are doing this with such a positive outlook. Exposing myself to first encounter situations is something I certainly need to start practicing with. Its getting started that is so hard, but I'll never improve my situation if I dont start taking action like you seem to be doing.

The first step is absolutely terrifying.

It happened for me under threat of embarassment in front of my work crew. This girl eyeballed me and my boss was suddenly convinced she liked me. So my options were to either do nothing and be called a puss, or attempt and at least be given props for trying.

So in front of a crowded Taco Bell, palms sweaty and in a shell shocked trance, I threw myself from my chair, marched up to the counter, and got her number. I equate it to what a Berserker Rage must have been like back in the days of the Vikings.

I was hailed as a Man's Man for the next two days.

So my suggestion is to try and make it as traumatizing as possible, because after that nothing seems quite as bad.

Hey thats awesome man. Lol all the best for future ;)

Brian said:
So in front of a crowded Taco Bell, palms sweaty and in a shell shocked trance, I threw myself from my chair, marched up to the counter, and got her number. I equate it to what a Berserker Rage must have been like back in the days of the Vikings.

HAHA HELL YES!!!

This is exactly why all guys need to hang with a group of other dudes every now and then. Other guys can be an amazing catalyst to getting us to do things we never would alone...and it's just insanely, amazingly awesome!! :D

Brian said:

So my suggestion is to try and make it as traumatizing as possible, because after that nothing seems quite as bad.

That is awesome. I don't envy you guys for bearing the weight of the bulk of the pursuit. Rejection sucks, and I know, because I've asked a few guys out in the past. lol

I'm happy to hear that your coffee date thingy went well too. Here's to many more. :)

Latest posts

Back