Date with fellow aspergers person

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ardour said:
 Still a huge barrier I'm sure, but I don't think the average male aspie would even get the  option of going on dates (with anyone).

Oh look, you edited.  :rolleyes:

This is such a crock of honeysuckle.  I'm in an autistic support group.  Do you know how many of them (both male and female) have autism and are married with children?  Even my son has had dates.  And then, of course, the guy my cousin married.  

Does it make you feel better to believe that autistic people "can't get dates" either?  Sorry, try again.  They can and they do.  The only thing stopping most people with high functioning autism is themselves, just like any "normal" person.  It's not about what **** disorders you have, it's about who you are and what you do!

It's really hard having relationships with aspies though, you have to be a confident and not overly sensitive person because you're going to deal with a lot of brutally honest bordering rude stuff, some very hard times making changes (routine wise or emotionally), anxiety attacks... I wouldn't recommend it for the faint of heart.

Latest posts

Back