I've given up dating

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well excuse me for waddling into the mens lounge 😅

But in all seriousness it sounds like lady luck hasn't been on your side. I think sometimes its hard not to keep looking for the next best thing in this hyper connected time.

So I hope you dont take it too personal, even im guilty of constantly wondering if this guy or that guy can do more for me, or if he can keep me interested in the past.

Also sometimes I think its like, if a man wont fight for me (not literally but you know) then does he even deserve me? So maybe its like you are failing small tests/games that some women play.

Regardless I wish you luck on your journey to love ✨

Well excuse me for waddling into the mens lounge 😅

Well, it's a public forum, anyone is welcome to give their take.

Also sometimes I think its like, if a man wont fight for me (not literally but you know) then does he even deserve me? So maybe its like you are failing small tests/games that some women play.

Could be. But then, it doesn't help that I can't even identify those tests/games. I don't think I can.

I understand your point, but only speaking for myself, I disagree with it.
Say you have a guy who is in the 80th or 90th percentile of earners.
And he focuses on women who have backgrounds like waitresses, bank tellers, retail clerks, etc..
Shouldn't they be the ones jumping through hoops for him?

And he focuses on women who have backgrounds like waitresses, bank tellers, retail clerks, etc..
Why would a person be "better" than someone else just because they make more money? That doesn't make them a better person, that doesn't make them more deserving....

Why would a person be "better" than someone else just because they make more money? That doesn't make them a better person, that doesn't make them more deserving....
Never said he was better. Sure, a high earner could be a creep.
But say he is a decent guy.
Back in the "old days", at least from what I've seen on TV shows, those guys were considered "a catch", and the women would chase after him. Nowadays they want the "bad boy" on the motorcycle.
I think the old days were better. Again, just IMO.

Never said he was better. Sure, a high earner could be a creep.
But say he is a decent guy.
Back in the "old days", at least from what I've seen on TV shows, those guys were considered "a catch", and the women would chase after him. Nowadays they want the "bad boy" on the motorcycle.
I'll take the guy who treats me right. I don't care how much he makes. Granted, I'm not going to pay his way, so he should be bringing in at least SOME money, but I don't care about money that much. As long as we can pay our bills and not be dead broke after, I'm good.

I'll take the guy who treats me right. I don't care how much he makes. Granted, I'm not going to pay his way, so he should be bringing in at least SOME money, but I don't care about money that much. As long as we can pay our bills and not be dead broke after, I'm good.
I understand your point.
Mine is simply that society was a much better place when females selected males based upon practicalities, not "tingles".
Yes -- when I say "better place" I mean a better place for people like me.
And I am not saying you specifically are going for the "tingles", just Western women in general, and certainly it is the overwhelming narrative pushed by the media.

Its either my fella thinks im a princess or he dont, as a princess he must fight for me and jump through all obstacles and rescue me 😇 if not … he can just join the long line of men who wanna sleep with me but never will, no? I dont care what a man has if he’s not giving it 😅

Why would a person be "better" than someone else just because they make more money?

There are some people out there who really believe in this though. I've known people like this.

Yeah, me too. Plus, the city where I live was a jewel in Belle Époque times. ****, I wish I could have seen the city back then.

Yes -- when I say "better place" I mean a better place for people like me.

I think it was a better place overall, at least in that regard. Going for the tingles instead of what your head tells you to go for is never a good thing in the long run, for all parts involved.

Its either my fella thinks im a princess or he dont, as a princess he must fight for me and jump through all obstacles and rescue me 😇 if not … he can just join the long line of men who wanna sleep with me but never will, no? I dont care what a man has if he’s not giving it 😅

That's OK. A man should be romantic, a man should treat his woman like a princess, at least I still believe so. In fact, not all of my dating experiences were negative. I once dated a girl that thought the same way as you do. Things went really well for us, we just weren't on the same page regarding the future. We eventually parted ways amicably.

Dating is soooooooo boring.
You go to bar and you are being interviewed like it's a job interview.
Soooooooo boooooooooring.

Once my job interview - bar date was soo boring, that in my head I was thinking how to catch Pokemons in video game when I get home. XD

Ah. That's very nice for her.
I had a bad date once. Spent an hour in the bathroom. 😉

Speaking of hours, once I was on 3 hour date, out of those 3 hours , girl couldn't shut up and I talked only 10 minutes. XD Dating just sax. :D

Speaking of girls, I was once in a restaurant with a girl and when the waiter asked if we wanted to see the menu, she asked "But can we order from it? XD

Dating is soooooooo boring.
You go to bar and you are being interviewed like it's a job interview.
Soooooooo boooooooooring.
I would never go to a bar to date since I don't drink. :)

But yeah, forced dating like through dating websites is like a job interview where you are guaranteed to be ghosted.
I see dating as pointless since I'm undateable.

Have you or would you ever want to meet someone on a dating site?
I did when I was young enough to date. I had quite a few last dates. Most women on dating sites never seemed to actually be looking to date though. It seemed more that they were going through the actions so they could tell themselves "at least I tried" but didn't want to put in the actual effort to get to know someone.

Latest posts

Back