Dating sites are depressing

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
putter65 said:
LonelyInAtl said:
If you're not attractive physically you WILL NOT have any luck on a dating site.

I'm not. I've put the best photo I can find on there but not had any luck so far !

I know I am painting a poor picture of myself, women don't find me attractive etc but I wouldn't say women hate me.

I am very popular at work, staff and customers. Most of these are women. The customers say 'hi', smile, call me 'Dave', chat with about my life. Not all of them are old women looking for a bit of conversation in their lonely lifes. I am funny, charming and sweet.

I think that is my only chance to be honest. Dating sites and at first, a woman isn't going to be interested. But after a woman gets to know to me, I think I could attract somebody.

I know I don't do myself any favours. I should join a club of some sort with women there.

Work? Most people have to behave at work.
honeysuckle..., i had drop gorgeous salewomen came into my office and play nice
with me everyday. Some whine and dine me...
Im also smart enough to figure out (becuase 95% of the people
I work with were women.)honey attracts bee.The women that worked for me
and with me would be more productive if I was nice to them instead of bossing them around.
Being a manager...it wasnt a good idea to mix my love life with my co-workers or work.

Plus I couldnt base my attractiveness from people that bascailly had to put up with my honeysuckle.lol
Some people didnt want anything to do with me outside of work.

I can apply social enteraction skills of dealing with women outside of work but it's
on a more level playing field. In other words...The women I meet outside of work
didnt have to put up with my honeysuckle , be nice to me or smile at me.
I get a more realistic feed back.

Lonesome Crow said:
and with me would be more productive if I was nice to them instead of bossing them around.
Being a manager...it wasnt a good idea to mix my love life with my co-workers or work.

Plus I couldnt base my attractiveness from people that bascailly had to put up with my honeysuckle.lol

I can apply social enteraction skills of dealing with women outside of work but it's
on a more level playing field. In other words...The women I meet outside of work

I am not interested in you at all !

putter65 said:
Lonesome Crow said:

Alot of customers can be rude. They are nice to me. It must mean they like me !

putter65 said:
Lonesome Crow said:

putter65 said:
Lonesome Crow said:

Not really....it's just work.
I go into coffee shop, resturants, stores ...ect all the time. Just behave, chit chat with people that's working. i dont read to much into it.
It dosnt mean I wanna go out with them, get to know them better or get into a relationship with them.

People thats working such as waitress, bartenders, ...ect in the service industry usually treat me nice as a custommer.
It aint rocket science. Sometimes i give waitress compliments or whatever...but it's nothing serious.

i worked in the front office as a cashier, custommer service...bascailly dealing
with people or the general public all day long. Most people are nice to me.
Some were rude. Some women even flirted with me...but it wasnt a big deal.
It might had help me..if I had social enteraction phobia....

It had nothing to do with my personal love life,relationship with women or my self esteem.

Lonesome Crow said:
putter65 said:
Lonesome Crow said:

putter65 said:
Lonesome Crow said:

I go into coffee shop, resturants, stores ...ect all the time. Just behave, chit chat with people that's working. i dont read to much into it.
It dosnt mean I wanna go out with them, get to know them better or get into a relationship with them.

People thats working such as waitress, bartenders, ...ect in the service industry usually treat me nice as a custommer.
It aint rocket science. Sometimes i give waitress compliments or whatever...but it's nothing serious.

i worked in the front office as a cashier, custommer service...bascailly dealing

It had nothing to do with my personal love life,relationship with women or my self esteem.

I am just trying to be positive about something. It's not healthy coming on here and saying 'women are not interested in because I am such a loser' - which I have been doing.

My interactions with female customers mean something to me because it's all Ive got.

putter65 said:
Lonesome Crow said:
putter65 said:
Lonesome Crow said:

putter65 said:
Lonesome Crow said:

I am just trying to be positive about something. It's not healthy coming on here and saying 'women are not interested in because I am such a loser' - which I have been doing.

My interactions with female customers mean something to me because it's all Ive got.

it's me putting a positive spin on my life.

Because what is the reality ?

I'm not good enough to attract women. So that means I won't get married, no kids, no son to take to football or golf. I'll never spend the night with a woman, never have sex (unless I pay for it !), no woman will ever say 'I love you', no dates, no dinners, nothing.

When I think about the reality it's depressing. So I try not to.

well dude....

It wasnt healthy for you to accuse me of having jealoucy issues
with russian women either and whatever the fresia else opinions
you had about me with women and i my love life....
And to actaully accuse other OP of being me and all that good honeysuckle.

You can write whatever the fresia you wanna write.
Express your opinions whenever the fresia you want to and luagh
about it...aint it a ***** when I get to express myself.....

Lonesome Crow said:
well dude....

It wasnt healthy for you to accuse me of having jealoucy issues
with russian women either and whatever the fresia else opinions
you had about me with women and i my love life....
And to actaully accuse other OP of being me and all that good honeysuckle.

You can write whatever the fresia you wanna write.
Express your opinions whenever the fresia you want to and luagh
about it...aint it a ***** when I get to express myself.....

don't reply to my posts then. I don't like you, never will. You are a very boring person. Do you think I care about who your with this week ? I'm not the only one who doesn't like you. How many times have you been banned from here ?

i can do whatever i want. What i do is non of your bussiness.
There's an ignore setting. If you dont like my opinions,
you can ignore it.

Plenty of people dont like me...Oh well. Thats thier problems and issues.
Im not into people pleasing, approval seeking or permission to live.

If cant take it...dont dicth it.
Spin it anyway you want.....
Play the victim and blame everyone else all you want.
Hate all the women want.

The funny thing I noticed just the other day while roaming around one is that they put up fake profiles to entice you to join. I came across three different very attractive women that all had the same bio word-for-word. They probably just ripped the images off the net and reposted them. Real nice.

I've been going on dating apps and having preferences to both genders, and I still don't get many messages from people.
It sucks, and I feel so lonely.

ojtwtn said:
I've been going on dating apps and having preferences to both genders, and I still don't get many messages from people.
It sucks, and I feel so lonely.

^ Yep. Dating sites suck. You sure are good at digging up dead threads.

I don't trust dating sites anymore. I rather meet the person in person rather than online and having to go to meet up with them. The whole situation makes me nervous and I've read so many negative things happen about dating sites. So I no longer trust them anymore.

I was feeling lonely yesterday so I went in search of a good dating site. But, I don't think any exist. I at least wanted to see some women in my area that recently used the website I was on. However, you had to create a profile before you could see anything. Then at the very end they forced you to verify yourself. So, i stopped at that point. Now, they'll use the profile I created, as well as other none verified users, to entice new people to join.

If you do verify your information, get access, and do a search, you'll end up with a bunch of abandoned user profiles. You'll message them believing that are active and then you'll receive no responses. But, you will be enticed to pay for their service because it will "improve" your results some how. It's all such a big **** scam like most things nowadays.

But, people shell out money, which probably ends up in Chinese hands with them laughing at all the stupid foreigners. I then saw a dating setup called, it's just lunch. That sounds kind of cool. So, I checked it out on Yelp. At that point I just gave up, my loneliness turned into despair, and I moved on to searching for fun things to do instead. Ha! Ha! 

https://www.yelp.com/biz/its-just-lunch-los-angeles

I have once in a desperate and lonely moment about a year ago signed up to a dating site... I ended up messaging with someone for many weeks before we met. In total it was a couple of months of meetings without anything developing from it and it ended with him relocating for a new job. Overall it was actually exhausting and disappointing and I will not bother wasting my time and energy with a dating site again... To me it means too much stress and effort that doesn't pay off and is exhausting for an unsociable hermit like me.

Lost Drifter said:
I find it depressing that people judge others on the basis of 200-word profile accompanied by an awkward photograph taken off the reflection of a (dimly lit) bathroom mirror. Have new relationships, friendships or otherwise, really come down to this?

Everyone is capable of attracting someone but not everyone can be summed up in 200 words or less. You have more to offer than that, don’t give up hope!
I thought it was better to have professional photos on your profile?

Another good thread to resurrect... I tried a few dating sites when this thread started a decade ago or so. It seems that whatever qualities make one unsociable in real life apply just as well online. I had the same experience of meeting a few people with no real connection or spark. Despite the names of the dating sites, I could never find a "match" or any "harmony" with anyone.

On the other hand, there are many success stories, even some people I know. For some reason, they tend to hate the question "Where did you two meet?"

Kept hearing, seeing, and reading how this current pandemic was the best time to use the dating sites and apps. So I tried again.

And again, not one conversation. Not one reply or response. Never met anyone from any of them, and I have tried most of them multiple times.

First used online dating in about the year 2000, and it has always been the same. Paid for or free. Paid to have an online profile written. Didn’t help. Paid to have professional photos taken. Didn’t help.

Facebook and Instagram are just full of scammers. They hardly even try anymore, they are that easy to spot. But they are also the only “people” .. use that term loosely .. that I ever get to talk to.

Cucuboth said:
And again, not one conversation. Not one reply or response. Never met anyone from any of them, and I have tried most of them multiple times.

First used online dating in about the year 2000, and it has always been the same. Paid for or free. Paid to have an online profile written. Didn’t help. Paid to have professional photos taken. Didn’t help.

There must be some way to figure out why. I wonder whether any of the paid services have some sort of a counselor or advisor who could look at a profile and tell us why we're not getting any responses. It could even be a friend or acquaintance, if available. Maybe there are some sorts of red flags that we're just not aware of.

It could even be AI making that determination. It could be trained to pick up all the good features from people who are successful, along with the bad aspects from those who are not. Sounds rather impersonal and hopeless in some sense, but it might help in some ways.

^ Ha! ha! Many people, including me, have had their profiles reviewed by friends and by professionals. It's all about the pic. I did much experimenting with profiles and pics. I got nowhere until I used pics of other people. Then I got responses. I even used all the classic DO NOT use profiles with male model pics and still got tons of responses. I even write extremely negative stuff. It didn't matter. It's all about the pic. Yeah it's really that simple.

Finished said:
^ Ha! ha! Many people, including me, have had their profiles reviewed by friends and by professionals. It's all about the pic. I did much experimenting with profiles and pics. I got nowhere until I used pics of other people. Then I got responses. I even used all the classic DO NOT use profiles with male model pics and still got tons of responses. I even write extremely negative stuff. It didn't matter. It's all about the pic. Yeah it's really that simple.

That's only true if your aim is to get shallow bitches.  The less shallow bitches are more likely to be on the shyer side, so you will have to contact them first, most of the time.  Personally, the thing that will make me NOT respond is if you don't put any effort into the message.  I will ignore you if you only type "hello" or "how are you."  Personalize it a little, make an effort. The majority of good things require some effort.

Latest posts

Back