Dating websites....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

Nikkwins

Has anyone tried sites like eharmony and okcupid? I've been on both and it's been pretty slow. I meet people but it seems few and far between. Anyone else have this problem?

The sad part is that my area was rated one of the number one places for single guys to live....If this is number one I'm so screwed :eek:)

i live in Canada and its the same with the dating sites there,,,not too much interest cause no one piks you or when they do ,,,they ask if they can meet you with their wifes:eek:,,erm i am sorry i have nothing against the ones that do meet with men and wife,,,i am just not that type of person,,,,,

I have tried both. E harmony said there were no matches for me so didn't even finish with that. Been on okcupid for a while 1 person has viewed me and other then that I get a ton of mails about taking surveys.

I would use this online dating tip ,i would check out eharmory if you're seriously about dating but other site like Okcupid.The people on Okcupid are not serious about dating anyone.

Nikkwins said:
Has anyone tried sites like eharmony and okcupid? I've been on both and it's been pretty slow. I meet people but it seems few and far between. Anyone else have this problem?

The sad part is that my area was rated one of the number one places for single guys to live....If this is number one I'm so screwed :eek:)

I tried OkCupid. I dated a girl I met there for approximately two weeks. She turned out to be a member of a "swinger" community and apparently wanted me to join her in this activity. Since I didn't feel like having sex with the entire town just to have a girlfriend, I decided to take my leave.

I know a lot of guys would probably jump at something like this, but it just wasn't what I was looking for. I want ONE girl who only wants ME. Seems like a simple request.

Also, as someone mentioned above, a lot of the people on OkCupid aren't really there for dating. They just like to take the tests and surveys for some odd reason. Seems pretty boring to me, but whatever.

JustLost said:
I tried OkCupid. I dated a girl I met there for approximately two weeks. She turned out to be a member of a "swinger" community and apparently wanted me to join her in this activity.

Amazing, isn't it?
Talk about giving the middle finger to the real meaning of marriage...

As sexually charged as I am, I'd pass on that kind of opportunity without hesitation.

I haven't been to a dating website, and somehow I doubt I ever will. I'm too old school, I guess. :D

jjam said:
I haven't been to a dating website, and somehow I doubt I ever will. I'm too old school, I guess. :D

For people like me that have problems meeting people in real life, it's one of very few options.

I looked at plentyoffish.com and it seems better than the other sites. Most of the others are just hook up sites. And the real dating sites you have to pay for. I'll post back if I try it out.

I'm on okcupid, but only looking for friends. Most people on there are looking for just sex. I'm not even sure why I registered to be honest.... meh, I was bored. I've had a couple of messages, I don't normally respond unless it's obvious they've read my profile

Just spend an hour doing my personality test on eharmony only to find out that they can't match me with anyone. Meh -_-

sloth4urluv said:
Borne Hopeless said:
I looked at plentyoffish.com and it seems better than the other sites.

Ive tried it, it was worthless for me. Never got back a single response from anyone.
A friend I havent seen for years told me (inan email) he has met someone on Plentyoffish, been going out for 6 months.

He's very lucky as I've found it to be crap

Dating sites are just another tool to meet people. Sure your gonna meet people who you don't click with but, there will be some that you do enjoy being around. It takes work, like everything else. Throw enough spagghetti on the wall and some is going to stick....lol

Lately I have strongly considered posting on match.com, especially since I do not seem to come across many women in my ordinary day to day life. However, all the women on that site (and especially plentyofish) look sort of meh (I do not necessarily mean that as far as attractiveness, but in that most do not look like someone I would go along with well) .

Naleena said:
Dating sites are just another tool to meet people. Sure your gonna meet people who you don't click with but, there will be some that you do enjoy being around. It takes work, like everything else. Throw enough spagghetti on the wall and some is going to stick....lol
I am afraid, I can't say anything good about dating sites. One thing for sure, many dating sites tolerate certain individuals cause they offer fee based services. I guess as long as the guy isn't a serial rapist, but a psychopath, he is tolerated by the dating site.
I have been on many different dating sites. On one site, that was exclusively for "marriage minded people", there was a guy who stalked younger women. He would mail them, asked them if you were interested, and if you told him no, he would send you really nasty emails. There was a forum on this dating site, and women wrote on the forum about this individual. Although women complained about this man, the site sent women an email that this "premium member" behavior was normal cause he was only asking for "a reply" from the females. So the site was basically forcing women to answer his nasty emails.
The last horrendous experience I had about dating sites was when I met this man in his early 30s from an online singles site. He gave me his "address" and his "telephone number" at an early stage, however he was shady about his hobbies. I got suspicious and googled his name and his hobby around the area that he works, and found out that he had another home address. It turned out he had a house with his wife and the address he gave me was some apartment address he rented out. He supposedly used the rented apartment for his sex activities.
Men who are out there cheating, have it all set up, and are waiting for you to fall into their trap that they set up on dating sites.

Latest posts

Back