Dating websites....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ClosetGeek said:
The last horrendous experience I had about dating sites was when I met this man in his early 30s from an online singles site. He gave me his "address" and his "telephone number" at an early stage, however he was shady about his hobbies. I got suspicious and googled his name and his hobby around the area that he works, and found out that he had another home address. It turned out he had a house with his wife and the address he gave me was some apartment address he rented out. He supposedly used the rented apartment for his sex activities.
Men who are out there cheating, have it all set up, and are waiting for you to fall into their trap that they set up on dating sites.

And that scumbag is the type that gets the rest of us a bad name.

Someone should go to his address and smash his knees with baseball bats. I'm sure he'd learn then

Dating sites seem to be a good way to "meet" people when you're too afraid to approach them in real life, but I don't know. It all feels so... fake. Like everyone there is lying about themselves, not serious, or have shady intentions. If you want to meet the right person there you have to be really lucky I guess. NOT for me

RobertJW said:
sloth4urluv said:
Borne Hopeless said:
I looked at plentyoffish.com and it seems better than the other sites.

Ive tried it, it was worthless for me. Never got back a single response from anyone.
A friend I havent seen for years told me (inan email) he has met someone on Plentyoffish, been going out for 6 months.

He's very lucky as I've found it to be crap

Well I just tried plentyoffis.com and even though it took me like 6 hours to sign up the first person I clicked had everything in common with me. Which could just be luck. She is a bit older which may complicate things but I am rather excited thanks.

You know, I just looked at the people around my area on plentyofish, and there were twice as many males as there were females in my age range. So, statistically speaking, my odds are not that good.

Someone told me to try ParentsAlready.com, as he found it worked and its very good cost wise. You don't even have to pay before you chat.

In 7 days I have sent out 22 messages to different women. Just asking if they would like to chat.

i have had zero replies.

says a lot about me I suppose.

RobertJW said:
Someone told me to try ParentsAlready.com, as he found it worked and its very good cost wise. You don't even have to pay before you chat.

In 7 days I have sent out 22 messages to different women. Just asking if they would like to chat.

i have had zero replies.

I don't know if this is normal or not for that site. But what kinder things have you said in your message and what do you have to say in your profile there.

Make a thread telling us all this and maybe some of the women from this site might give you some advise in what you may be doing wrong.

But hay, at lest ye trying :)

Bluey said:
RobertJW said:

i have had zero replies.

I don't know if this is normal or not for that site. But what kinder things have you said in your message and what do you have to say in your profile there.

Make a thread telling us all this and maybe some of the women from this site might give you some advise in what you may be doing wrong.

I usually send a preset message which reads:

"Hi, I like your profile. Would you like to get in touch?"

All they have to do is send back a preset message that can be a "yes" or a "no thanks"

I'm not even getting a "no thanks"

My profile just gives my age, marital status, and my likes/dislikes. Just the normal stuff.

I am looking for a female between 33 and 45. In the Midlands area of UK.

My profile pic must be that horrendous its scaring people away :-(

RobertJW said:
Bluey said:
RobertJW said:

i have had zero replies.

All they have to do is send back a preset message that can be a "yes" or a "no thanks"

My profile just gives my age, marital status, and my likes/dislikes. Just the normal stuff.

I can't imagine your pick is scaring them away.

Well the girls from the Midlands area are a choosy lot. I would know. Am also from the same area lol true.

Well, I would say if I had that sent to me I would not know how to reply. I mean they could just be the same. So you need to say something like. Hay, I like ye profile. just wondering what the last film was like you sew and have you seen that mamer mear one? PM me I like to talk about anything. You know something that needs moor then a yes no answer, That way they well have moor of an idea how to reply.

Think if you had received this how would you reply.

Every one well be different. So I would study whats in there profile as well so you well have a better idea on whats going to get a reply.

Also make sure the ppl that you are sending them too have been active on the site and if they are make sure if you can there not just there for someone else. Keep at it and am sure you well get a date soon. Also is there many ppl there from the Midlands? And if there is whats the link :D lol. Well this just some ideas I have. I should go try my luck on one of this sites as well. I just need the right one and maybe all do that. I think my problem is am getting few to content with the way things are.

Keep letting us know your luck on there and hopefully we can give you some good ideas on how to do things. IDK two heads are better then one.

RobertJW said:
Bluey said:
RobertJW said:

i have had zero replies.

Maybe you need some help on your profile. I am pretty good at profiles and have people who can vouch for me!
You have to catch someone's attention with your profile. There is a small window of opportunity and you need to stand out and let them know what is special about you. I think we need a thread with hints and tips for profiles. Don't think it's your picture, it may be your not standing out.
Trust me, I have had so many replies that it was very hard to keep up. If your up to the challange, I'll give you a hand.

"Has anyone tried sites like eharmony and okcupid?"
- Not perticulary those sites, but a lot of others! Most danish dating websites.
Come to think about it, it makes me feel a little pathetic. Not because there is anything patchetic by using them, don't get me wrong. I just feel like it, when I think back.

First of all; nothing happens. It sucks.
Second of all, going to a website with the intention to get a boyfriend/girlfriend (what you are into), also seems... what-should-ya-call-it... weird?? "Hey, let's write together, and see if we can be a couple!"

I'd rather talk to people online, just for the fun of it, and then let it envole to either a friendship or more. But to be honest, I don't care much about love relationships no more.

And what I really hate, is those advertices, like: "3 million people finds the right one every month on this website." Lol. Once again it shows that statistics sucks.

Well, have fun there. I'd rather watch Jenna Haze on my screen than some random girl, trying to actually BE Jenna, and lying her ass off in her profile about how good a person she is.

Not saying that everybody does, but that is mostly what I see...
But good luck, hope it works out for ya. :)

(Not trying to offend anybody, so...)

CombatMal said:
I'd rather talk to people online, just for the fun of it, and then let it envole to either a friendship or more. But to be honest, I don't care much about love relationships no more.

This is me. I to would rather fined friends and if it evolves it evolves.

And ye whats the point of 3 million members if non of them live near you.

Naleena said:
RobertJW said:
Bluey said:
RobertJW said:

i have had zero replies.

Maybe you need some help on your profile. I am pretty good at profiles and have people who can vouch for me!
You have to catch someone's attention with your profile. There is a small window of opportunity and you need to stand out and let them know what is special about you. I think we need a thread with hints and tips for profiles. Don't think it's your picture, it may be your not standing out.
Trust me, I have had so many replies that it was very hard to keep up. If your up to the challange, I'll give you a hand.

For a guss it could just be that your a women that you get so many replies. I would say it would be easier for a women to get a man then it is for a man to get a women on a date.

But Robert if you got Naleena helping you then I think you may be half way there already :D

Also Naleena if you make that thread I think it would be interesting. well you may have don already, I just got here to day :)

I just think its a waste of time.

I mean, not ONE even replied saying no thanks? Gotta be something wrong with me

I just found out that I met another married man online.
After figuring out his proper last name, I found a photo of him with his wife on Facebook. And it's their wedding photo. He told me that his friend married an Asian, in fact it was him who married an Asian woman. Sick §$%$%§!!!!!!
And he chatted with me for hours, telling me that he is not one of those married men.
To all the lonely people on this forum, stay the hell out of internet dating sites.
:(

RobertJW said:

ClosetGeek said:
After figuring out his proper last name, I found a photo of him with his wife on Facebook. And it's their wedding photo. He told me that his friend married an Asian, in fact it was him who married an Asian woman. Sick §$%$%§!!!!!!
And he chatted with me for hours, telling me that he is not one of those married men.
To all the lonely people on this forum, stay the hell out of internet dating sites.

Got a pic ClosetGeek?

ClosetGeek said:

RobertJW said:

Well, at least you found out sooner rather than somewhere down the line. Still, full credit to your detective skills.

Steel said:
ClosetGeek said:

RobertJW said:

Well, at least you found out sooner rather than somewhere down the line. Still, full credit to your detective skills.

Ye agreed, better to find out now rather then later. You do have to be careful on line. Its so easy for a person to lie about who they are.

You did well ClosetGeek, you did your homework and court this rat out.

Latest posts

Back