Dating websites

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dear-_-Tragedy

Reaction score
What is the best thing to say in the first message you send to a girl on a dating website? Does anyone have any tips in general for dating websites?

Maybe it depends on the girl?

But honestly it doesn't matter too much what you will write. Most will look at your profile anyway. I'd take a lot of time to make that one as good as I can, but still truthful. This way you'll be less disappointed on first dates when you do go there.

My best tip is don't try to be something you are not. If you're looking to date someone, they can just get confused.

I would be honest and yourself if you do not know the person tell her frankly why you write him
Each person is different it can't be a 'manual'

I have tried sending messages to many girls I am interested in today (is that wrong to send to so many?) But I have taken the time to write something I like about them and ask them a question. I am not great at making a profile awesome but I will try again. What should I include on my profile?

I saw thing one and thought it was brilliant!

"Congratulations, you came up in my matches!!!!!!! I know right, you've been waiting for it! You can call everyone, let them know. Tell your friends about it. You'll have to girl talk for at least five hours tomorrow about it. I mean, what are the chances! I messaged you!"

:D

You give the impression you're a "party animal". Is that generally true?

I'd crop the duckface guy from that picture but that would be my decision, not yours lol.

I wouldn't say I'm that much of a party animal :/ how can I change that impression, different photos? And yeah lol I cropped the photo. What about the about me section?

You'd probably want more pictures in a more neutral setting then, I guess.
Your about me is fine :)

I have sent messages to soo many women but with no replies :( I'm starting to lose hope I know I have to be a bit patient but..

If one in 20 answers you, it's fine lol. That's how it is.. and they don't check the site every day either. You're good to go dude :)

a guy who makes me fits in so I do not answer I delete the message directly

Dear-_-Tragedy said:
I have sent messages to soo many women but with no replies :( I'm starting to lose hope I know I have to be a bit patient but..

maybe a few photos of you not in a pub drinking ?

I'd suggest a picture of you playing chess or video games with friends. Another good picture would be of you doing something artsy.

As for intro letters, please make certain to say something worth reading. I despise getting messages like, "Hey. I saw your profile and thought you seemed cool." It gives me absolutely nothing to talk about in my response. So if I respond, it's something like, "Thanks." If I'm feeling generous, I'll look at the guy's profile and comment on something he says there... but I'm usually not feeling generous enough.

Nerdygirl do you ever go out of your way to message a guy first? If so what kinds of stuff do you tend to put in the first message? Honestly I find it hard writing to someone you don't even know while trying to be interesting enough to get a reply. Some of the members here have proof of that from me. >>

Or should I say, "What is something that is worth reading?"

kamya said:
Nerdygirl do you ever go out of your way to message a guy first? If so what kinds of stuff do you tend to put in the first message? Honestly I find it hard writing to someone you don't even know while trying to be interesting enough to get a reply. Some of the members here have proof of that from me. >>

Hehe yes. I think you've hit the nail on the head there kamya :shy:

If you're a man and you're not getting any replies on dating site, chances are your profile makes you come across as dull and boring. Most men put things like "I'm a nice guy" or "I like to play video games" or "I enjoy reading" in their profile. Things like that just scream boring and weak. If your profile has things like that then you're not going to be getting any replies. Here is an example of a proper male profile:

wQQL2.png

HW4Xz.png

kamya said:

Oh come on dude, you know if she feels generous she will even take a look at your profile, just like she is so generous to respond to this thread.

I believe there's a point up to which respecting others transforms into sucking up to them, writing a personalized message to people that you KNOW will treat you just like she will treat you.. well, that IS insulting and degrading.

kamya said:

Try being a little bit playful, but not offensive. If her profile says "I love Coldplay", you could make the title of your message something like, "I know I shouldn't contact a Coldplay fan, but..." or something like that. Then keep the message short with one or two open ended questions so that she has something to respond to (try to make those questions about something she talked about in her profile).

It is helpful too, if you can hint at an interesting story without telling it (so that she has something to ask you about). For instance, if she says in her profile that she likes DIY projects, you can say "You like DIY projects? I haven't done a serious one since I electrocuted myself...twice...doing the same thing" (In my case, that is a true story - most people aren't stupid enough to have a story like that, but you get my point; it gives her something to ask about).

If that doesn't work, send her a picture of your junk.

Latest posts

Back