DayDream

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mistborn10

Reaction score
Not sure where to post this so I'll do it here. I fantasize or daydream all day long. I work as a custodian and im alone most of the day. I fantasize about girls from my past coming back into my life in random ways. I dream about helping others and just make up situations that i want in real life. I'm sure everyone daydreams but I was just wondering how much others do it. I feel like I escape into my fantasies to make myself feel better but it's probably a little unhealthy.

I daydream at some point nearly everyday. I think many people are like this.

Heh... I've daydreamed pretty much as long as I can remember. I used to daydream about a portal to Kirby's world (yes, the pink marshmallow from the games) opening up and me going through to stay a while, but EVERYTHING was made of food; the grass was french fries, the trees grew cheeseburgers and were made of licorice for bark, it rained soda pop (I think mountain dew), and every.
Single.
Rock.
Was fried chicken. xD
I still daydream quite a bit these days... sometimes it's just more fun than whatever else I could be doing. Which sometimes gets in the way, of course, but I can still buckle down and get things done in life when it counts... usually. Most of my daydreaming is done kicking back in a chair at a delightfully awkward angle, and I typically think of anything from driving cars (and forgetting my keys) to fighting alongside some video game characters (in a longcoat, of course ^^) to... well, sometimes I use daydreaming to think about certain tough or grim issues, like misanthropy towards the human race (which I have to deal with a lot in my friends) or imagining myself in certain situations with my metaphorical finger on the metaphorical button that decides them. But I digress.

If you'd like advice on how to not daydream so much, then I might suggest (keep in mind I don't always follow my own words) that you set aside 'blocks' of time in every day for yourself, where you will do your heaviest daydreaming. The rest of your day will be divided into their own blocks dedicated to whatever work or planning you have to do. Your subconscious should take the hint from this, and you may find it easier to focus your daydreaming on the spots of time you've promised to yourself.

I daydream alot. I think its because I spend alot of time on my own and I get bored and lonely. I think its just another way of keeping myself busy and passing the time. I daydream mostly about things I want to happen in the future but sometimes they can be a bit unrealistic. Sometimes I get so deep into daydreaming, People could be talking to me and I wouldnt even hear what they said.

I read somewhere that people spend most of their time daydreaming. I can't remember the exact ammount, but it was really high. So you are not unusual in this at all.

I tend to do it quite often when I have nothing much to focus about.... like lately.

I get lost in daydreams all the time. It's nice to have somewhere in my mind to go, that isn't filled with the usual anxieties and stuff, ya know?

I think daydreaming is great. I go through periods where I do it a lot. It makes me feel better sometimes and helps me solve problems.
Lately I've been daydreaming about what it would like to be in a relationship again :D
Daydream on I say! :)

-Teresa

Haha. Love the responses. I kinda imagined I wasn't the only one but it's not something that is usually brought up. I definitely daydream about being in a relationship the most too. It's definitely an escape from my anxiety but I think it's good. Just like escaping in a good book or movie.

Latest posts

Back