De Profundis

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Solus

British fan of Dorian Gray interested in correspondence on deeply intellectual topics with similarly isolated and afflicted souls. But no po-mo, plz!

Hi solus and welcome hear.

I like the poem you have in your bio

If you would like me to move this to the new members forum I can do that for you. It may get seen moor there. I well leave it hear for you in less you say as its a pen pal your looking for :) You could always make another thread in the new members forum if you like :) But of course that's up to you.

Oh and just one moor thing, Did you wright the poem yourself? Cos I think its quite good for all I know about that :p But we have an express yourself forum as well and there really is some good stuff in there. I myself am no good at that kinder thing but there are a lot hear that are very good at it and it appears you are to :)

human_condition said:
What's po-mo?

Am guessing that means no promotion stuff like advistising. Well this sight dose not do anything like that anyway. So if there is anything like that it wont be from a lonely life.

Solus said:
But no po-mo, plz!

i think he is requesting he doesn't wish for a postmodernistic reply, i can't say i know much of postmodernism, i should our course at uni covers it quite a bit but what would i know im just admin :p

On the silly side of things he could have meant it in a racist way asking for no native indians from northern california to reply ??? Id like to bet its the first :p

As much as i like the character Dorian Gray, i fear that my own interlectual prowess & knowledge is not well suited for such
Solus said:
deeply intellectual topics

bluey said:
Hi solus and welcome hear.

I like the poem you have in your bio

Thanks, but it's Oscar Wilde's writing, not mine. (I wish.) The weather at the moment reminded me of it.

bluey said:
If you would like me to move this to the new members forum I can do that for you. It may get seen moor there. I well leave it hear for you in less you say as its a pen pal your looking for :) You could always make another thread in the new members forum if you like :) But of course that's up to you.

No, it's okay, thanks. Quieter places suit me better. ;)

Po-mo does mean "post-modernism", btw.

lonewolf said:
Solus said:
But no po-mo, plz!

i think he is requesting he doesn't wish for a postmodernistic reply, i can't say i know much of postmodernism, i should our course at uni covers it quite a bit but what would i know im just admin :p

On the silly side of things he could have meant it in a racist way asking for no native indians from northern california to reply ??? Id like to bet its the first :p

Are there Pomo indians in NC? That would make a good Monty Python sketch.

Solus said:
Are there Pomo indians in NC? That would make a good Monty Python sketch.

When i say pomo indians, i am not saying they postmodernistic indians, but there are a group of indians called pomo indians that originated in NC and are still going to this i should imagine (4900 people IDed themselves as Pomo in the 1990 census) and have apparently been federally recognised. But yes with the confusion in the name it might make for a rather humourous python style sketch.

Latest posts

Back