Decreasing Stigma for Mental Illness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SophiaGrace

This was a homework assignment. I was supposed to submit a statement to decrease mental illness stigma on campus. I submitted 3.

"I once stated that I wanted to give up, but another person told me, that if I don't try, that the only certainty was that nothing will happen. Try, and if trying means you ask for help, ask for it. If you try, then at least you are allowing yourself the opportunity for something to happen, instead of nothing. Don't give up."

"Someone once told me that most peoples differences are inside of themselves, which just goes to show that you have no idea what is going on in the minds of others. What is easy for one person, might be a struggle for another. We are all different, and approach our lives in different ways. Some of these ways cause hidden pain or anguish. There is no sense in staying in this pain or this unmanageability, if, by asking for help, your life might be improved. So, ask for help. You are worth it."

"Wearing masks is hard work. It's lonely work. It's discouraging work. It's isolating because you cannot share yourself with others. It's suffocating. It's like holding a heavy metal shield up constantly. Your arm will get tired of holding the shield, it will cramp up. Take down your shield, ask for help, your arm will thank you and you just might find that you don't need that shield anymore afterwards."

I find these three points very relevant and helpful to my situation. Thank you for putting them on here.

Latest posts

Back