Department number 2 - RANT THREAD!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

Oceanmist23

First, let me explain to you the Norwegian social security benefits system:

You fill in an application for benefits at department number 1.
They call you in for a meeting to get an overview of your situation.
They accept your application and provide you with benefits for a month.

Second, here is what I did:

During the meeting I told the woman that I would like to get a practise job.
A practise job is a job provided by department number 2, not 1.
It’s a job where social security will pay you the equivalent of a months worth of benefits.
The reason why I would like a practise job is because it’s currently too difficult to find a regular job.
I live in a small country town with very few workplaces.
If I got a practise job I would have something meaningful to do every day,
and I could look for a regular job in the meantime.

Third, here’s what happened:

I got a call today from department number 1 saying that department number 2 has put me up for the “Jobseeker course”.
I already took this course in 2005.
The jobseeker course is where a group of unemployed people seeking benefits get crammed into a room, sat down in front of a computer, and learn the following:
Employment website address number 1
Employment website address number 2
Employment website address number 3
And that sitting in front of a computer from 9AM to 2PM gives you serious back pain, shoulder pain, neck pain and arm pain.

That is all you learn from that course, yet department number 2 still thinks this is a wonderful course that people seeking benefits from department number 2 should take.
Did department number 2 call me in for a meeting? NO!
Did department number 2 pick up the phone to talk to me? NO!
Do department number 2 care that I’ve taken their useless course before? NO!
Did department number 2 notice I don’t have a drivers licence and therefore I can’t even get to the location of their useless course? NO!

I WANT TO THROW COWSHIT ON DEPARTMENT NUMBER 2!!!

Fourth, now what?

I’m 23 years old.
I have had 5 jobs in my life.
I have little money left.
I do NOT have a drivers licence.
I have an EXCELLENT CV. This I’ve been told by several employers and potential employers.
....If I had a drivers licence I would’ve had a fulltime job already. I was told by the manager of a fashion store I applied to that I had a brilliant CV, and that she wanted to hire me, but she had to give the job to someone else because I didn’t have a drivers licence. I can’t afford to take my licence. It sucks!
I can’t even afford to move! Ugh **** pathetic hillbilly town...

So now I have to either:
Look for a regular job here, which is difficult because there are none!
Tell department number 2 what I really need, without them giving a crap about it
Borrow money from family and move to another town to find work
Borrow money from family, move to England, get a flat or flat-share and find work there

The last option is looking pretty **** good right now... but it’s a bold move...
Maybe I should learn French and move to southern France... that’s an even bolder move lol

Grrrrrr I SO want to smash something...

Rant done.

Oceanmist23------->(((((((HUGS))))) cos benefit systems suck all over the world. I don't work for health reasons and I get very little to live on. If I had payed tax for only 6 moths I would had been given a lot moor to live on for the rest of my life. How dose paying tax for as little as 6 moths make a difference. I did work for a year and a half. But I never earned enough to pay tax as the job payed so poorly. Be for the days of minimum wage. I also don't get benefit for other ppl to look after me as am capable in looking after myself. where as other ppl I know that don't work for the same reason do. Just I refuse to lie or even exaggerate my condition for money. where other ppl do.

So ye the system is not fair at all.

Haha, it happens, this is what we used to call it in during my days in the army as muck passing. The government department just simply wasn't too interested to assign you a jobs (or there is simply none nowadays to begin with), so they just throw you in some course, hopefully you would get lost in the system and never come back again. How expensive is it to have a driving test in norway? Mine adds up to a couple of thousands which is quite expensive, maybe you could borrow some credit from the bank?

Sorry you're going throught that Ocean.
Yeah..looking for work sucks when there isn't any.
Even if there was work... job hunting is probably one of the most stressful thing a person can go through.
The econamic melt down is effecting everyone. I was making $40 an hours doing constructions
and the housing market took a nose, nose dive where I'm ate and is still getting worst.

I've never been able to get a job through the unemployment office.
All I got was a run around and wasted all my gas money. Interveiws after interviews.
I don't think ,I've fully gain all the weigth I've lost almost straving to death.

I finally had to put my tails between my legs and go back to my old desk job.
Sitting in these 4 walls and stairing at numbers all day is driving me insane sometimes.
Thanks for reminding me to be grateful for what I have. i have a sort of attitude about
my current situation..It's not what I want..but I have plenty.

I have millionair friends wanting me to party and hang out with thier $80,000 god **** sandrails just to rub it in.

I hope and pray things get better for you...something has to give.

Bluey ((((((HUGS BACK)))))) Thanks for the hug! And yes, benefit systems SUCK! One way or another, they suck! And minimum wage sucks, I can't believe minimum wage in the UK is £5.73 an hour!! Thankfully I never had a job on minimum wage, and I sure hope it won't come to that in the future when I decide to move to England. Try to hire a Norwegian in Norway on £5.73 an hour, and you'll get a slap in the face lol :D

SadRabbit (((((HUGS YOU TOO))))) lol cos I want hugs!! And yeah I agree on this
they just throw you in some course, hopefully you would get lost in the system and never come back again

It will cost somewhere between £2000-£2500 (currently $3000-$3700) for me to get my licence. I really don't want to borrow credit from the bank, cos I finally finished paying off my student loan, and it feels **** good to be debt-free! Maybe I should ask my grandmother (the devil) for money... lol I would be selling my soul if I did :p

Lonesome Crow (((((HUGS YOU TOO))))) I'm sorry to hear that your job in constructions didn't work out. Your situation sounds similar to a friend of mine's. He worked as a builder and window fitter and was quite happy with it, good wage too. Then he had to quit and he got stuck in desk jobs. He's told me he would prefer going back to the building job, but with the economic crisis there's not much need for builders. At least he has a job though... I know he's not happy with it and that it's killing his back sitting down all day, but my back is hurting so much when I do desk jobs that I just can't continue doing them at all. Anyway I'm rambling lol. Thank you for hoping things get better for me. Any positive thoughts going in my direction is much welcomed :)

Oooooh! If you have millionaire friends...can't you steal some of their expensive stuff...? Wear a coat with BIG pockets! lol :p :D

Lol I KNOW Jonny, it's blimmin mental!!
That's what it's gonna cost on average with all the lessons I'll need.
Well he CAN help me out, but he's trying to save up money for us to buy a flat/house,
so I don't really wanna ask him for £2000 cos it'll mess up the savings and drive him insane lol :D

(((((HUGS JONNY TOO))))) yay lol

Oceanmist23 said:
Oooooh! If you have millionaire friends...can't you steal some of their expensive stuff...? Wear a coat with BIG pockets! lol :p :D

Yeah..I know exactly where he keeps his safe too...
I need to pioson his dog...maybe not becuase the dog knows me:p

I can just tow his $50,000 boat from his driveway..There's not
an alarm on that. I need a truck with the correct size tow hitch though..mmmm maybe a little bit if R&D time ;)

Let's steal the boat together and sail around the world!! :D
Anyone else wanna join?? Pirate time!! Arrrrrrr... :p

i'd like to work in FROSTBITTEN NORWEGIAN black metal department.

ive always thought norwegian government knows what they are doing. guess not with the employment rate.

is the unemployment rate high in norway?

Well that's the world over, unemployment is a huge issue right now all over thanks to how poorly the economy was set and then abused. Really, I don't see why your family can't help you out, especially if you can pay them back with a shiny new job.

That's the spirit, Jonny! lol :p

Yeah Unacceptance, I guess I can get some help from my family if I really need to.
Just trying to figure out what I can do instead.
Have to talk to the cow at department number 2, see if I can get a practise job instead of that **** course...

I'm sorry Ocean. I hope everything works out. It is not bad to ask for help though. That is what family is for.

*gives oceanmist big hugs* *hugs*

man unemployemt sucks, I'm sorry your having trouble finding work.

I think all the unemployed loners here need to steal a boat and we can spend the rest of our lives pillaging in the caribbian XD
think of it the sun some rum, and then we should kidnap orlando bloom and jonny depp

ARGG that'd be a good time

Sure beats my idea of all of us forming a hippie commune where we would grow and sell our own pot for a living. ya lol

man that sucks that you have to pay that much for lessons. Thats insane. Could you maybe get a learners permit then get a work permit? you don't need drivers ed for that and when i was a sophmore i had a school permit so i could drive to school. of course i don't know if they would have a similar system in Norway. Or if you can get a car, just do what deliquents over here do. Drive without a liscence and just don't get caught.

Maybe instead of asking for money from you're family maybe just ask of maybe you could do some work for them and clean their house for some cash, then they couuldn't hold it over your head so much.

Anyways i hope you get a break oceanmist, we're all in this together and i'm pulling for you. *hugs*

:D

I like the idea of a rant thread. I'm sure I'll make use of it later. :)

Right now I'm actually in a good mood.

ah, I love being a pirate. Count me in!....Hummm 2000 pounds for a drivers license is crazy. Hummm...but shouldn't you it be in €?

SighX99, I didn't see your post! I blame Jonny's big pirate cat picture lol.
No the unemploment rate in Norway is usually low. I don't like the Norwegian government.... Can I have Obama? lol :p

Thanks lovehurtme ((((HUGS)))) :)

evanescencefan91 said:
I think all the unemployed loners here need to steal a boat and we can spend the rest of our lives pillaging in the caribbian XD
think of it the sun some rum, and then we should kidnap orlando bloom and jonny depp
*Kidnaps Jack Sparrow and keeps him all to myself*
lol1.gif

Unfortunately we don't have the same system in Norway with the permits.
If I wanna drive now I have to have a person with me all the time who's had their licence for minimum 5 years,
and they also have to be over the age of 25. Blah...

(((((((HUGS EVFAN91)))))))

Keep up the good mood Antihero ;) Why the good mood btw? :)

Welcome aboard the ship, SadRabbit!! :D
Why should it be in Euro btw? lol I don't really like the Euro.
Norway doesn't have Euro because we are not members of the European Union (thank god for that lol).
Independence!!!!! Well at least a tiny bit... :p

Oceanmist23 said:
That's the spirit, Jonny! lol :p

Yeah Unacceptance, I guess I can get some help from my family if I really need to.
Just trying to figure out what I can do instead.
Have to talk to the cow at department number 2, see if I can get a practise job instead of that **** course...

Family is there to be depended on. At least the type of family who is willing to lend you that much money. It may suck but it sounds like you know to be grateful for having such.

@Oceanmist:

I'm slightly insulted that you think that England is so crap that it's worth learning French just to avoid going to live in a country where you speak the language perfectly ...

Or ... why not try Canada? Probably easier to get a job than here.

Lol @ darkwall :D England isn't crap!
Well actually...it's crap in many ways, but it holds more opportunities than Norway on the job front at least.
And if you didn't realise...I was joking about France :p What I really want...is to move to a little dreamy island in Micronesia and live my days as a true pirate with a sword, a ship and a crew...but I don't see that happening :p

Latest posts

Back