depressing

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hope_Reigns

Reaction score
So I keep trying to get some space from my ex, both to pull myself together and to give him a taste of what not having me around will be like. I'm talking to the few friends I have left, and I swear...all it kept doing is showing me that the ex is like the only guy to ever, like the music I listen to, like and get my sense of humor..it's like, my ex is a true home, and everyone else makes me feel like a foreign transfer student.

Yeah, he's been a jerk to me lately most of the time, but the crap aside..I feel like there's no chance in hell I'll ever mesh with anyone else that well.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe it shouldn't matter if someone likes my music or enjoys my humor.

I haven't been in your position (never really been in a relationship), but I can still relate to what you're saying.

Throughout the years I've lost some really good friends, friends that I've felt really "got me", appreciated me for who I really am and so on. It's really difficult to have someone like that not be in your life like they used to, it's easy to feel like you'll never find anyone like that ever again.

It's definately not impossible though (talking from experience), it might take some time, but there are for sure people out there who you could "mesh" as well with, I have no doubt of that. :)

Sorry if I couldn't help your situation much, just adding some of my thoughts!

Take care,

/Terminus

Nah, I know a ton of people who share interests with me (even if not all of them) but enough. But it's such an isolating feeling when jokes fall flat all the time and I share a song I love with someone and they're like 'eww I hate that song'. Just would be nice to feel like I can be myself with someone and have it be a good and even enjoyable thing for both.

I know exactly how you feel, although I'm recovering from a break-up of 7yrs and not with him anymore. Even though it ended badly and he was wrong in every way possible, there was no one that understood me quite like he did. We had so much in common, shared the same quirky-dark sense of humor and even completed each others sentences, as corny as that may be. But we "GOT" each other and that was the point. There was an understanding and the fact I could totally be myself with him and that made it really hard to distance myself. Everyone else paled in comparison. Even the few good & dear friends I had, didn't do it for me. But if it's not working, it's just not worth staying because it's become a comfortable place. There's times I miss him so much, because I need to feel that connection. I get so depressed at times, to think I'll never have that again with someone. In reality I have to be willing to try and not close myself off to the fact it'll never happen.

Over the last year I connected with someone strongly online and recently it just fell apart. Maybe it's not the same, but I have never met anyone I felt so conected to.

I sometimes really dislike communication on relationships

People who are hardly communicate or fail to connect with the topics are penalised badly

You will find that someone who like the way you are.My personality is different from many people.In my class,there are only two or three persons who has the same personality as me.(My class consists 25 members.)

SilentThinker said:
I sometimes really dislike communication on relationships

People who are hardly communicate or fail to connect with the topics are penalised badly

You will find that someone who like the way you are.My personality is different from many people.In my class,there are only two or three persons who has the same personality as me.(My class consists 25 members.)

You shouldn't dislike it. Maybe it's not true for everyone, but for most without communication you can't have a relationship. People don't always have to think alike to get each other. I would say that communication is the whole basis between most people connecting.

Hope_Reigns, I might not be able to relate to that empty feeling of loss but I can relate to feeling like no one else 'gets' something about you.

I listen to a lot of Jazz and other types of music...and one of my favorite bands is Flogging Molly. But out of all my friends, only one other person actually likes them, and everyone at work makes fun of their sound. And basically none of my coworkers (excepting, on occasion, our resident stoner) get my jokes. I have a pretty dry sense of humor a lot of the time, ripe with sarcasm. Some of my friends find it funny, but at work it's maybe once a week they'll laugh at one of my jests. :\

InDespair, that's exactly how my ex and me were. Only difference is we got back together 2 years after the 7 year break up, and this last time I don't even know what happened, he was happy, then spun on a dime.

SilentThinker, Communication is hard to learn to do well, but it is essential for a relationship to work, totally and utterly needed. Without it there are misunderstandings that end up turning into problems that just snowball till it's done and you don't know what happened. A ton of guys don't like to open up and communicate, but, please trust me, learn, it will benifit you a ton once you're in a relationship you want to keep (so long as she communicates too)

Brian, my sense of humor is greatly sarcastic as well, and other times it's a little too 'true' for people..other times it's just silly,..I'm a very odd combo

Okay, I hope you don't put me in the same box as the jerk dudes:p

well...are you planing on having break up sex ? Talk about things
my ex and I mesh very will together...lol
Please you get me wrong...people do crazy stuff during a break up.
You can even google the various stages of break up a person can
go through...Sometimes they are not in order as it is wirtten.
An average time frame to get over a long term relationship break up is 1 year...give yourself a break.

Our emotions are all over the place. We make decisions base
on our emotions. Well.... with that empty feeling inside and love
hunger going...Make up sex or Break up sex sounds good...either way :p
A moment of complete closeness again..Almost like the honey moon
again...but somethings is just not right...it's not the same, but it's
very comforting...It might last for a while...months to a couple years.

Then wham bamb..thank you mam...back to square one again. (but more torn up and confused)
The issues and problems nevered went away..they never went away.
The **** problems are like old pieces of furnitures...it takes both
parties to want to work on it...together...that's what partners are for.
But would it still be a oneway street again as always ?

Of course...that's on top of the indiviual person have to work his/her own problems first.
Wheather a person chose a new partner or reconsile with the old one...The indiviual needs to work
on him/herself first...otherwise the indiviual will just mess up whatever relationships they get into.

I dunno....I seperated from my ex probably 5-6 times.
I lost count of how many times we had break up sex.

F-it...i'm sick and tire of doing over hauls on the old one...
I'm getting me a newer model with better gas mileage and tractions.lol
I want the new one to have a MP3 players with TillaBites as a hard-drive...plenty of music to spare..all kinds.
instead of a freaken broken record player...that's skiping on a song..playing the same line over and over again...lol
Of course...I'm learning to enjoy different types of music that I never used to listen to as will.

Skorian said:
You shouldn't dislike it. Maybe it's not true for everyone, but for most without communication you can't have a relationship. People don't always have to think alike to get each other. I would say that communication is the whole basis between most people connecting.
Hope_Reigns said:
SilentThinker, Communication is hard to learn to do well, but it is essential for a relationship to work, totally and utterly needed. Without it there are misunderstandings that end up turning into problems that just snowball till it's done and you don't know what happened. A ton of guys don't like to open up and communicate, but, please trust me, learn, it will benifit you a ton once you're in a relationship you want to keep (so long as she communicates too)

I know that communication is important.I just dislike the fact that people who do badly on it falls out on relationship.

My ex and I were like that. The sense of humor thing is a big deal to me. We would crack each other up for hours because we just clicked that way. We were actually good friends for about 6 years before we started a relationship, and it's been a year since we broke up and I still miss her like crazy. The humour part hurts more than the music. The sex was phenomenal too(best ever), so I guess we had 3 things in common. :(

Latest posts

Back