Descriptive Writing

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonewolf

Reaction score
The other day i experienced a moment so special, and it was so beautiful it really did touch something inside of me, i cant really explain it... but as it was happening my mind started wording a description.

Normally i forget these worded moments before i get home, but this time i really wanted to share it with someone (you know who you are) and now I would like to share it with you.... on one exception.... should this happen to you, please please share the moment here :)

Saturday 3rd January 09

"I witnessed a great fire in the sky today, of golden reds and oranges, it was if the sun itself had melted in the sky and spread its warmth across the horizon. only to be slowly extinguished by an endless sea of purple that weighed upon it.

(Later addition) This relentless mass of purple that would not stop until the last breath of warmth was choked out, and all that remained was emptyness, yet, in a short space of time something special happened... the purple died and became black.. deep black and endless.....and from the darkness emerged specks of light. Glistening so brightly and defiantly against the darkness that stood around it, as if knowing of and awaiting the arrival of the great fire once again.

It really was such a nice sight to see, i only wish i had my camera with me... it saddned me too, that all around people seemed oblivious of this sight.. everywhere i looked and i was the only one taking it in.

What is odd.. as i wrote what you have just read.. i realised something.. that what happened is very much the same as what happens in life.

Hope you enjoyed the moment.... and look forward to hearing back :)

(Also your thoughts on whether or not i should start up my own thread of my own photography... or just to add them into the Beautiful Pics Thread)

lonewolf said:
The other day i experienced a moment so special, and it was so beautiful it really did touch something inside of me, i cant really explain it... but as it was happening my mind started wording a description.

Saturday 3rd January 09

"I witnessed a great fire in the sky today, of golden reds and oranges, it was if the sun itself had melted in the sky and spread its warmth across the horizon. only to be slowly extinguished by an endless sea of purple that weighed upon it.

(Later addition) This relentless mass of purple that would not stop until the last breath of warmth was choked out, and all that remained was emptyness, yet, in a short space of time something special happened... the purple died and became black.. deep black and endless.....and from the darkness emerged specks of light. Glistening so brightly and defiantly against the darkness that stood around it, as if knowing of and awaiting the arrival of the great fire once again.

You write beautifully...Oftentimes, I find the only way I can possibly capture such an awe-inspiring moment is to try and capture its essence through words. You have succeeded wonderfully - I see the beauty you describe in my mind's eye - thank you for sharing such a special moment out of your day...

lonewolf said:
It really was such a nice sight to see, i only wish i had my camera with me... it saddned me too, that all around people seemed oblivious of this sight.. everywhere i looked and i was the only one taking it in.

I know - things like that sadden me too. Take comfort in the fact that you can and do appreciate the natural beauty around you...

This is a fitting quote, courtesy of Albert Einstein:

"He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed."

~Albert Einstein

Wow, that was beautiful, the way you described the day fading into night. There is nothing more beautiful than nature. You sir have an eye for true beauty and a gift of expressing it through pictures and words. I agree with ringwood, you captured that moment in such a way that one can see it with his mind's eye. I don't believe it was meant for you to have your camera with you that time. You were fortunate enough to have witnessed and really appreciated such a wonderous sight, and gifted and generous enough to share it with your friends. :)

Latest posts

Back